Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Really in Need of Advice - Financial Mess

samwei

Registered
QUOTE (JRL @ Mar 18 2008, 09:48 AM)
Maybe I misused the term "under contract". We had a deal that still had conditions outstanding, most notably the sale of my condo. I was told by the realtor that as long as there are still conditions outstanding, other offers can come in and "bump" yours, which is exactly what happened. So until
I waived all remaining conditions, other buyers could swoop in.

It`s possible that you made an offer with a "subject to the sale of your condo", in which case it`s pretty much standard for the seller to come back with a 24 hour or 48 hour clause, which would stipulate that the seller could continue to market the property. The clause would stipulate that the seller could accept another offer, then give you 24 hours or 48 hours notice to remove ALL conditions if you wanted the place, or your offer is then voided, and the 2nd offer kicks into place.

If this was the situation, then this is nothing unusual at all. It happens all the time in a hot market. You would only be wasting time and energy going after your realtor.

Top Bottom