Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Realtors

Rooks

Registered
Hello everyone;

I am looking for realtors in the Hamilton area who specialize in multi-family units (duplexes, triplexes, etc..) who can help me look for such rental properties. Could you please message me with your contact info?

Thank You.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
For future posts, you may find it helpful to have a more descriptive title. You may find that you get more relevant replies if your title is more targeted. Otherwise, many people will just skip your post.

Rooks

Registered
[quote user=Sherilynn]For future posts, you may find it helpful to have a more descriptive title. You may find that you get more relevant replies if your title is more targeted. Otherwise, many people will just skip your post.

Sorry about that. Can I change the title of the thread or would a mod have to do it for me?

markl

Registered
I am a real estate agent who specializes in those types of properties in Hamilton if you would like send me an email and we can have a discussion and see if I can be of service.

[email protected]

MrHamilton

Registered
[quote user=Rooks] ... Hamilton area who specialize in multi-family units (duplexes, triplexes, etc..) ...

Hi Rooks,

Be very careful when acquiring multi family properties in Hamilton. 90% of them do not conform to zoning and owners are being taken to court by the city of Hamilton. Focus on buying legal, safe properties in the better areas and best of luck!

Erwin

vibe

Registered
Hi Erin,

I am interested in finding out,how you come up with 90 % as your benchmark? To me, I would then stay away from Hamilton...Please reply

Regards.

MrHamilton

Registered
[quote user=vibe]90 % as your benchmark?

Hi David, I have a bit of experience investing in Hamilton and in my experience I need to look at about 20 multi family properties to find one that is legal and fire code compliant or close to it.

If you would like to test my theory out yourself, go onto icx, exclude the purpose built apartment buildings and review all the 2-5 unit buildings. Check how many of them have the word "legal" in their description, confirm the number of legal units allowed matches the actual number of units in the building, and confirm the legal use with the city.

This is not legal advice, just my opinion.

Hope that helps!

Erwin

housingrental

Registered
A good post from Erwin above

To add to it dig deeper - how many small multi-units in Hamilton, that have all their units registered and approved by the city, are building, fire, and ESA compliant?

Top Bottom