Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REIN Accountant Recommendation

johncrow

Registered
Hey Folks,

I would like ask the members on this forum to please direct me to a good chartered account that is a REIN member familiar with the REIN philosophy. I would consider myself a small business owner with a small real estate portfolio. One criterion is the accountant must be in the southern Ontario QEW corridor (I.e. Hamilton->Burlington-> Mississauga area). Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Rudy

stevestein

Registered
I would rather have a guy/gal who is the Wayne Gretzky of accounting doing my stuff than a guy who lives in my area and does an ok job. Another words find an accountant who is very good at real estate accounting no matter where they live, because you can email and fax everything and talk over the phone to them. Check the rein directory, I use Navaz Murji in Vancouver and I live in Calgary.

Steve Stein

mrlaframboise

REIN Member
I totally agree with Steve.

I live in Ottawa and I am very happy to be dealing with George Dube (REIN member in Kitchener ON) for my consulting and RE business.

Regards,

Marc Laframboise

johncrow

Registered
[quote name=`johncrow` date=`Apr 12 2010, 03:38 PM` post=`83423`]
Hey Folks,

I would like ask the members on this forum to please direct me to a good chartered account that is a REIN member familiar with the REIN philosophy. I would consider myself a small business owner with a small real estate portfolio. One criterion is the accountant must be in the southern Ontario QEW corridor (I.e. Hamilton->Burlington-> Mississauga area). Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Rudy

Thank you for taking time out to reply!

johncrow

Registered
QUOTE (mrlaframboise @ Apr 13 2010, 12:51 PM) I totally agree with Steve.

I live in Ottawa and I am very happy to be dealing with George Dube (REIN member in Kitchener ON) for my consulting and RE business.

Regards,

Marc Laframboise

johncrow

Registered
QUOTE (mrlaframboise @ Apr 13 2010, 12:51 PM) I totally agree with Steve.

Regards,

Marc Laframboise

johncrow

Registered
[quote name=`stevestein` date=`Apr 13 2010, 01:18 PM` post=`83519`]
I would rather have a guy/gal who is the Wayne Gretzky of accounting doing my stuff than a guy who lives in my area and does an ok job. Another words find an accountant who is very good at real estate accounting no matter where they live, because you can email and fax everything and talk over the phone to them. Check the rein directory, I use Navaz Murji in Vancouver and I live in Calgary.

Steve Stein

Thank you for taking time out to respond.

jwatson

Registered
Ditto for us! We live in Etobicoke and George Dube is our accountant. Jackie

VicChung

REIN Member
I use Albert Ritchot in Calgary. I have strongly recommended him on many occasions as he has done a great job for me for many years now. He is a REIN member, posts regularly on myreinspace and is listed in the REIN directory.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
One thing I learned a long time ago is to never choose my `professionals` based on geographic location (except of course Realtor) or on price. Often times the best advise comes at a cost. That being said, I also don`t like being taken to the cleaners on a basic transaction.

Navaz Murji (realaccountant.com) and George Dube (www.dubeandassociates.com) work extensively with REIN Members and are also investors (which I find even more important as that means they are paying VERY close attention to the often changing rules (as it affects them as well).

I suggest you contact them both (it is tax season so you will have to be paitent at this time of the year), interview them, see how they bill, see if there is a fit for you.

You may also want to `attend` the live Tax Discussion that is being hosted on the Globe and Mail web-site on Monday morning the 26th of April (noon eastern) at the following link. Globe and Mail Tax Discussion or http://bit.ly/dfbMuV

Trust that Helps get you in the right direction:

Don R. Campbell

Top Bottom