Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REIN Mastery...My Personal Opinion

RayReuter

REIN Member
Let me preface this with the following ` this is not a marketing piece, this is not from a REIN` employee`s point of view`I`m taking off that hat and putting on my `regular Joe` hat ( the used-to-think-I-knew-everything hat - a cool hat for sure). So, take my words as my personal opinion, as a fellow member, who has been graced with a truly unique position (I`ll share more in a minute).

To give you a context for where this message stems from I`ll say that I`ve had quite a few calls from members and I`ve heard some interesting talk around the new Mastery Program. It seems it has truly polarized the membership, which is not surprising. The primary calls I`ve had are from members who are asking me for the `real goods` ` `don`t sell me on this Mastery crap, tell me if it`s worth my time!`

For those who don`t know me I`ve worked for REIN` for just shy of 6 years, I just celebrated my 30[sup]th[/sup] birthday in January (yippie), my wife Melanie works at REIN`, and, like most families we are working hard to create something special for not just our kids, but for us - and our extended family as well.

Up until a few months ago I was pretty sure I knew everything, and have for at least a decade (ask my mom and I`m sure she`d say longer). With that said, I am truly fortunate enough to be in a unique position, as I get to rub shoulders with successful entrepreneurs just about every day, both real estate and other industries. I actually get to learn from their mistakes, see how they live, what they buy and don`t buy, how they behave behind closed doors, but most importantly, how they think.

I have finally embraced this unique position full-on; I`m breaking my mold so to speak, seeking advice from those wiser and far wealthier than me, and actually becoming self aware (hold the terminator music). I`ve realized, slowly, that the wealthy (and not just in REIN`), seek to better themselves almost constantly. But to do this, they don`t go in their head; instead, they reach out -we`ll call it personal and/or professional development.

Let`s face it, having been a `know it all` I really didn`t put much stock in personal development; it`s not even something I`ve considered, let alone knew about, until a few years ago. I, like many members, thought personal development was fluffy, just motivational junk that makes you feel good for a second, but then you go back to real life.

Sure, for some people that is about all personal and professional development amounts to, but the seriously successful individuals I know, invest in themselves`a lot. And let me clear one thing up, I`m not just talking about success in terms of money, not at all. I`m talking about living a life you enjoy, one you fully participate in, and one you`re proud of.

So what does this all mean? Easy, if nothing else, if for no other reason, I`m going to give Mastery a shot, a real shot, full participation`just to see what happens. I`m going to go through the modules like everyone else, I`m going to do the homework, I`m going to make the meetings a priority for the next 7-8 months (and no, I don`t go to all the meetings, not even close) to see where I can develop as a human, as a father, an investor, a husband - plain and simple.

I can honestly say that there isn`t a presenter on the REIN` stage I can`t learn from, if only a single idea, and the same goes for anyone`if you`re open to it. This rings even more true for Mastery, or any other personal and professional development presentation, just one idea - one concept can literally change the course of your life.

And I get it - you might be saying `I don`t need this crap`. OK`but I can tell you this one thing, from my personal point of view ` those people that say they don`t need any personal development are often the ones who would benefit the most! And I don`t say that as a form of judgment, I only recognize it because of my own experience, and I say it from a place of hope.

Get out of your own way just this once, participate in Mastery 110%, live the concepts if only for a while and go into it with the sole purpose of getting everything you can out of it.

I have spent time with Richard Dolan, I know his track record, I`ve seen how this guy`s brain works, and I know that if nothing else, I`ll personally walk away with at least ONE strategy, ONE concept, that I can implement in my business and personal life`and be better for it.

The bottom line is if you think there is nothing to learn from Mastery, or nothing left to learn about the business of real estate in general, then I promise you this, you`ve got a long way to go!

And you may be saying that I`m biased, that this is a marketing piece after all, but let me leave you with this. I believe I live a life of integrity, my wife does as well, and IF there was no integrity within the REIN group, or the education presented, we would both leave`simple as that. But I know Don well, and Patrick, and even Richard Dolan (plus the entire REIN` team, and extended team) and I can say that Mastery is coming to REIN` for one reason, and one reason alone ` to give everyone in the group, myself included, new tools for creating a more profitable and fulfilling life, both in and out of real estate.

I`ve posted this on the forum to allow feedback, I`m open to criticism, questions`whatever. But I implore you to give Mastery a shot, especially if you`ve been having doubts, just to see what comes out of it.

Best of luck,

Ray

And by the way...I didn't write this while at work, thought of this while hiking yesterday and b/c it's 'real' it literally took me 15 minutes to put it on paper - for reference, it takes me hours and hours to put a marketing piece together, even a simple rental ad!

TodorYordanov

Registered
I've already learned more than one or two important concepts and perspectives just from the "sneak-preview".

If Tiger Woods has not one but few coaches, what else is there to say.

Thanks Ray for your honest post.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Ray

Why do you think members have phoned you concerned about the mastery program?

Thanks

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
[quote user=housingrental]Hi Ray

Thanks

Many people have a negative outlook on just about anything.

You can see this from the way some of them post. I have seen responses to posts where they ignore everything good or thoughtful in the original post and pick out the one mistake and harp on it.

One can find a negative side to anything if one is looking for it. I would still encourage those people to give it a shot. They have nothing to lose (except a couple of hours) and everything to gain...if they so choose.

richardkp

REIN Member
Even though I am a "by-post" member and won't be in the rooms for the Mastery program I can't wait!!!

I will be there for the 1st REINON meeting on the 22nd when it all kicks off and hoping to be there for the one before ACRE.

I think this is a superb offering from REIN and Richard Dolan and can't wait to see how it pans out and affects my business and life.

I'm excited ;) And I hope everyone just has an open mind. After all it's free to REIN members.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
[quote user=richardkp]

I will be there for the 1st REINON meeting on the 22nd when it all kicks off and hoping to be there for the one before ACRE.

Richard, be sure to say Hi!!

richardkp

REIN Member
[quote user=GaryMcGowan]

Richard, be sure to say Hi!!

Hi Gary - I certainly will. So many REINON members I need to meet personally - going to be a great night!

kfort

Registered
I think healthy skepticism can be a great thing. "What's behind the curtain?" so to speak. I'm very much looking forward to the audio via CD or download.

Rich

REIN Member
Ray,

Richard Dolan here. This is my first time posting a "reply" as I felt compelled to following your post. Thank you for that.

I am proud and privileged that Don asked I produce and deliver personally what will be known as the REIN Mastery program. The aim of the program is to elevate each and every member's learning experience inside the realm of real estate by training (and likely reminding them) on all the skills important inside the process of absorbing new insights and profiting from applying them.

This is real estate behavior training.

Not a motivational talk (although I can be motivating), not about being inspired (although you can't help or resist in the moment you are) or meant to fix something wrong or broken. This is attitude, behavior and self-leadership conditioning specifically designed for real estate investors.

REIN Mastery is 60-minutes every month for six months aimed at averaging up all the skills it takes for an investor to listen, learn, engage and act on education and make a difference: personally or financially. Just because I'm about to take you (fellow members) for a walk, doesn't mean we're heading for a marathon you never signed up for. Exercise is good no matter where you are in life.

Slow, steady and with an open mind.

In the famous words of Anthony Hopkins "Open your eyes and let the future in..."

RayReuter

REIN Member
[quote user=housingrental]Hi Ray

Thanks

Hey Adam,

Lots of reasons, but more often than not I'd say fear. For most things in life you can quickly and easily point a finger at someone/something and you instantly have a reason why things are the way they are...and it's not your fault. However, when you're talking about personal development, you're forced to look at yourself, look inward, for why things are the way they are...and it's a hard realization to swallow, one many refuse to accept, and most people simply don't want to look at themselves, it's not easy.

I can blame REIN for not having more property, Don for why I don't make millions working here, the turd in the fast lane who is making me late...and on and one, but ultimately it's all about me.

So more or less, by bringing Mastery to REIN we are asking you (every member), in a way, to look at your own behavior and how you are in real estate, where you can improve, but most importantly...how you can be better. So it also hits on ego...and some investors think they don't need it.

Finally, Mastery is new, the concept is so new that we in the office don't even know for sure exactly what will take place, which makes conveying the concept to everyone difficult, it's not as tangible as saying "Bob the economist is on the stage and he's talking about economics". You might not know what to expect, you can't put a definitive label on it, so you might be inclined to discount it.

It's new, it's scary, it's beneath some (perceived), it's not tangible for others...but worth trying in my world.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
[quote user=RayReuter]

For most things in life you can quickly and easily point a finger at someone/something and you instantly have a reason why things are the way they are...and it's not your fault. However, when you're talking about personal development, you're forced to look at yourself, look inward, for why things are the way they are...and it's a hard realization to swallow, one many refuse to accept, and most people simply don't want to look at themselves, it's not easy.

Well put.

Of course there are many that will point the finger at their parents. ; )

Rickson9

Registered
I agree with the negativity. I get a lot of less-than-positive responses when I post about my success in stocks and US real estate. Who cares what negative people think anyway?

housingrental

Registered
Thanks Ray.

I don't know if how it was presented differently out west, but the I couldn't see how anyone could get offended from what I heard at the meetings. Confused = for certain - I heard about it on two dates for a long time but still could not discern exactly what the program is - if you listen to something for over ten minutes you should be able to understand :)

It'd be helpful if REIN started their next meetings with clarification.

JoeRagona

Registered
I'll chime in here because it's no secret that I've been coaching real estate entrepreneurs for a while now and I agree with Ray...especially with the comment of "thinking that I knew it all".

I've been an entrepreneur for a lifetime and when I looked hiring a personal coach for myself, I really went in with a "bad attitude" or better yet "closed mind" and I'll admit I thought "what will he tell me that I don't already know?" I'm coming from a family of entrepreneurs, back when nonna owned the fruit store.

But I will tell you, after three months my attitude changed, I changed and so did my business.

What I see and hear from members every month is fear, lack of true commitment because many are just "interested" in real estate, wealth or whatever it is.

I believe EVERY single entrepreneur needs the guidance of another, one that is not tied to their outcome and one that can see from 30 thousand feet out where they can go, what the upcoming challenges are and where not to go to avoid the cliffs.

I'm very happy to see REIN bring in a program that starts with developing behaviour because HABITS are a vital component to exponential growth.

BUT, in order to change your habits (behaviour) you MUST change your belief, so step in at least to try something you've never done before...ie BELIEVE and then see how your RESULTS change.

Top Bottom