Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REIN presentation December 6th 2007

Donal_Ward_McCarthy

REIN Member
By request I have been asked to share this to inspire people to open up and be receptive to inspirational presentations and the affect they can have on us if we simply allow them!

Philip Mc Kernan’s presentation, December 6th Toronto.

As U2`s Vertigo played and faded out on the house PA, Philip McKernan took to the stage and began to give his presentation, but first preceded with an of the cuff statement: "That`s probably as close as I`m ever going to get to U2".

Such an unscripted comment by Philip assumed a strong serendipity to me. During the presentation, one of the exercises was to recollect and write down the most memorable days of our lives, to which I promptly remembered September 1st 2001 in a small village, not too far outside of Dublin, where 80,000 people descended for a day to see U2. As with most of their concerts, I left with a hopefulness, positivity and eagerness to move forward and do great things.

You may wonder where the parallel is? But having sat and gone through all of Philip’s exercises, I felt very similar emotions arise at this presentation. I experienced calmness, eagerness and a real motivation to move forward. Now, yes I am Irish and yes I am a huge U2 fan, so I could be accused of being biased towards this presentation and so be it if I am. What I noticed was that this presentation was different in that it focused on another emphasis that I hadn’t experienced in other motivational speeches. And of course, not to see it above or better than any other, it simply gave another perspective which, to me I believe, stretches our minds and educates us even further.

So, oddly enough, I think Philip McKernan inadvertently got closer to U2 than I think he expected to in this presentation. Broadening the knowledge basis and perspective is key.

The mind, stretched to a new idea, can never return to its original dimension.
— Oliver Wendell Holmes

Donal.

What did this presentation do for you?

Top Bottom