Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REIN Recordings : An Incredible Opportunity !

davidajones

Registered
The quality of the CD's that's REIN produce and send out are OUTSTANDING!

Imagine if all REIN presentations were available to members on-line like the Podcasts from TED Talks, and Kahn. You could reference and re-listen to any presentation when you need it.

And, REIN would be Greener, no mailings of CD';s, no making CD's. etc almost as good as Organic farming !

REIN could turn these recordings into an incredible Asset !.

(and it's such a pain than my new computer, and car don't have a CD player so I use my Walmart CD player to listen to them) .

angelapeng

Registered
I agree. I have been listening to the CDs every day with my newly bought CD player. However, there are not many stores selling CD players any more. Staple said they have no stock, I went to the Future Shop and bought last one in their shop, cost $36. But, the quality and content of CD is brilliant. It is still worth the investment. I hope that everything can be online, so that we do not have to worry about upgrading our CD players.

MemberSupport

Registered
Those are some astute observations and conclusions, David!

We are looking forward (at least as much as our Members are!) to moving a great deal of our mailed and bulky content over to online delivery. We recognize that we need to get aligned with 21st Century technology, and go green. We too can see that CDs are soon likely to go the way of the cassette tape, VHS, and 8-track! So one of our key short-term initiatives (2012/2013) is to continue our move to online content delivery in a big way.

Let me fill you in very briefly with an overview of what the REIN` Team has planned in this regard;

• By the end of 2012, our goal is to give Members the option of receiving their REIN` content entirely through electonic channels (email, attachments, downloads, myREINspace.com, etc...)
  • Some time in 2013, we hope to launch a prototype of a cohesive website that will allow our Members to electronically access a significant portion of our content library (presentations, reports, documents, forms, and so on), search for specific archives, and interact in real time with other Members - just to mention a few of the benefits.

REIN` has built up an incredibly deep library of content over the past 20 years, and there are many good reasons for making this content more accessible to our Members. There are a lot of gold nuggets in our vaults, and we want our Members to be able to be able to easily search for and locate topics and presentations that will provide solutions for the questions and challenges they face.

A quick but important caveat: the target timeframes and goals mentioned above are just that - targets and goals. We all know how prone those are to slip when talking about IT projects! So please be optimistic that these improvements are just around the corner, but please also give us a little latitude if not everything happens as and when I've outlined above.

In the spriit of partnership, when the time comes, we'll definitely be knocking on your door, David, for some feedback and user testing, if that's okay.

Ron Smouter

Manager, Member Support

REIN`

davidajones

Registered
Sounds incredible and as I have learned at REIN there is nothing better than fully using assets that you already own. Way to be Ron. HURRY !!!

Dave

TangoWhiskey

Registered
I second the comments, I find it really useful to be able to log into a website I use for another RE investing program and listen to whatever material I need at the time. I also find my CD's scratch very easily and aren't actually usable after a month or two in the car.

franmike

REIN Member
I think this is a great idea. I look forward to the day I can download an audio format directly from REIN!

Top Bottom