Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rent Increase Notice

ekisielewski

Registered
Hello: I need to notify my tenant about a Rent Increase effective in 90 days. Is there a special form for this? Or can I just write a letter/notification?
But, most importantly do I need a signed copy for my records?

Thank you for your help
Elisabet Kisielewski
Oakville Ontario

RebeccaBryan

Registered
QUOTE (ekisielewski @ Oct 24 2008, 08:14 AM) Hello: I need to notify my tenant about a Rent Increase effective in 90 days. Is there a special form for this? Or can I just write a letter/notification?
But, most importantly do I need a signed copy for my records?

Thank you for your help
Elisabet Kisielewski
Oakville Ontario

In Alberta you just need to give the notice and you don`t need a signed copy. There is no special form but there is samples in critical forms for you to use.

invst4profit

Registered
Rent increase forms:

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/index.html

As a new landlord you need to study the "Residential Tenancies Act."
In Ontario it is extremely important that you educate yourself on all rules and regulations or you risk getting yourself into very difficult situations.

I assume you already know that for 2009 the max increase is 1.8%

ekisielewski

Registered
QUOTE (invst4profit @ Oct 24 2008, 09:00 AM) Rent increase forms:

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/index.html

As a new landlord you need to study the "Residential Tenancies Act."
In Ontario it is extremely important that you educate yourself on all rules and regulations or you risk getting yourself into very difficult situations.

I assume you already know that for 2009 the max increase is 1.8%

Hi: Yes, I knew about the max. increase. Thanks.
Great Answer. Great help. Graetly appreciatted.
Regards
Elisabet

vandriani

REIN Member
You may want to get an signiture (from Tenant) that verifies that the rent was increased as banks/lenders are requesting them for future financing.

thejules

REIN Member
Signature is not required. If challenged, you`ll need to sign an affidavit of service. Make sure that you are serving your notice of increase at least 95 days out of the date you want to have that increase. I like serving these by mail...

Top Bottom