Rent to own

tleblanc

Registered
Sep 7, 2009
Hello everyone,

I`ve been presented with an opportunity but I`m not sure what to do. Here are the details:

1) A colleague of mine is looking to purshase a single family home from one of his friends. This friend is in a financial bind and is willing to sell the property for $115K, the market value is about $150K.
2) The owner need the cash ASAP, he`s in debt and needs a quick turn around
3) My colleague is not sure what to do and has asked me to come in on the deal
4) I`m maxed out at the moment and cannot go on any another mortgages however I`d be willing to go half on the down payment and legal costs
5) My colleague could finance himself

Choices:
1) My colleague can flip the property and probably make a small profit
2) My colleague could hold the property and try to rent it out (not sure on all of the numbers at this moment)

I think this would be a great opportunity for a rent to own situation. The problem is that I have never done a rent to own before and not sure how to put it together. Can anyone point me to a resource that would guide me through such a thing? How does one learn how to structure these deal?

Thank you,
Tony

JoeRagona

Registered
Jan 10, 2008
Oakville, ON
engagedinvestor.com
Hi Tony,

There are many posts on here regarding RTO. If you do a search, I`m sure they will come up and it will give you a bit of insight as to how they work.

If you would like some information about simple structures, you can contact me:

[email protected]

or call 905-467-6800.

I`ll be happy to help.

There are also a couple of key members that have refined RTOs from which I have structured my system. Try to read as many posts as you can.