Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rental Area advice for Edmonton

jeffjas

Registered
can someone comment on what the rental area is like around 170 St NW and Groat Rd NW close to the Yellowhead and Sir Wilford Laurier Park.

Thanks

brentdavies

Registered
You asked for a view on a large area of west edmonton.

Go to the CMHC rental survey for the "west jasper place" for more detailed information. Current rental rates are quickly available from Rent Edmoton or Rentfaster.

Some very high end neighborhoods such as Capital Hill, Glenora,Parkview and Rio Terrace and a few very low end neighborhoods, such as Canora,and Stony Plain Rd corridor.

West is better than Northeast, and many feel it better than Millwoods.

Rents are above the Edmonton average. Very few townhouse projects. Mostly single family. Large number of 40 year old walk up apartments. A few highrises.

Rents are have stopped rising and incentives have started to become more common place.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
we own close by .. but further west and south @ 181 St @ 95 Ave .. bachelor is $725 + sub-metered gas (so $760 including heat, water) .. 1BR is $100 to $125 more .. and a 2BR would be another $100 to $125 more .. so high 900`s to low 1000`s depending on quality and size and view and balcony (or not)..

lately dropping a bit .. but not overly ..

check: www.rentometer.com for a wide range ..

zimnicki

Registered
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Mar 26 2009, 09:13 PM) we own close by .. but further west and south @ 181 St @ 95 Ave .. bachelor is $725 + sub-metered gas (so $760 including heat, water) .. 1BR is $100 to $125 more .. and a 2BR would be another $100 to $125 more .. so high 900`s to low 1000`s depending on quality and size and view and balcony (or not)..

lately dropping a bit .. but not overly ..

check: www.rentometer.com for a wide range ..

Is there a website that does one for renting out houses, cause this one just does apartments, or i`m i missing something here?

Michael

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (zimnicki @ Mar 27 2009, 07:15 AM) Is there a website that does one for renting out houses, cause this one just does apartments, or i`m i missing something here?

Michael

Not really, that can be really hard data to come by.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (zimnicki @ Mar 27 2009, 08:15 AM) Is there a website that does one for renting out houses, cause this one just does apartments, or i`m i missing something here?

Michael

a house is an apartment with a yard and a basement and a garage .. adjust rents accordingly (up usually) .. but deduct that utilities are payable .. so a 3BR apartment would be slightly less than a similar 3BR house ..

but: a house comes in even more features so direct rent comparison are more difficult: 2 storey vs. 1 storey, single vs. double vs. no garage, no basement vs. fully usable basement vs. a partial basement .. deck vs. balcony ..

zimnicki

Registered
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Mar 27 2009, 07:51 AM) a house is an apartment with a yard and a basement and a garage .. adjust rentg accordingly (up usually) .. but deduct that utilities are payable .. so a 3BR apartment would be slightly less than a similar 3BR house ..

but: a house comes in even more features so direct rent comparison are more difficult: 2 storey vs. 1 storey, single vs. double vs. no garage, no basement vs. fully usable basement vs. a partial basement .. deck vs. balcony ..

Thanks Thomas

Top Bottom