Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rental fee for filling vacancies?

regis22mx

Registered
Hello everyone,

In managing our properties in Edmonton, I have find it challenging to fill vacant properties. Does anybody know of a person or company we can hire to do this part of the management only? and charge us a rental fee once they`ve rented the property?

I appreciate your tips and advice.

Thanks!

Regina

invst4profit

Registered
My advise would be to do the tenant screening yourself if you hire a management company. No company will do as thorough a job as the owner.

I am not out west so do not have company names to suggest.

wgraham

REIN Member
I find that this is the most consuming part of self management and have explored the strategy!

Most Property Managers will do a "lease up" for a fee. You can have final say in the tenant and often the PM will guarantee that they stay for a period of time or they will re-lease it for you.

This approach can save you a lot of time and can be worth the investment.

Have a look for a thread regarding PM - who rocks and who sucks.....or something to that effect to find a good PM

Good luck
Wade

PaulPoulsen

Registered
Hi Regina;

We typically don`t have too much of an issue filling our vacancies here in Edmonton. Give me a call over the weekend and I`ll be happy to discuss my system and give you some free advice.

AndyLuchies

Registered
similar question...

IN Kitchener/Waterloo, i`m looking at a PM company who charge 1 month`s rent to find a tenant (+ advertising costs), is that a normal fee?

wgraham

REIN Member
QUOTE (jessandy @ Feb 21 2009, 08:21 AM) similar question...

IN Kitchener/Waterloo, i`m looking at a PM company who charge 1 month`s rent to find a tenant (+ advertising costs), is that a normal fee?

I just finished paying $600 for two places in Cochrane Alberta so I would say that your quote is high.

W

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (PaulPoulsen @ Feb 20 2009, 09:30 PM) Hi Regina;

We typically don`t have too much of an issue filling our vacancies here in Edmonton. Give me a call over the weekend and I`ll be happy to discuss my system and give you some free advice.
why not charge a reasonable fee, Paul ?

We also employ leasing agents from time to time as needed .. @ 1-2 months rent per suite filled !

housingrental

Registered
Yes normal fee in area but on high end of expected (depending on property - a $550 bachelor this is reasonable - a $2000 house unless its being thrown on mls it`s not) - most are half to one months rent. I charge as low as one fifth for certain properties.

QUOTE (jessandy @ Feb 21 2009, 10:21 AM) similar question...

regis22mx

Registered
Thank you all for your tips and advice. I seem to have find a leasing agent who can work with us. Hopefully this will work out

Thanks again!

trev

Registered
QUOTE (jessandy @ Feb 21 2009, 11:21 AM) similar question...

Is he just finding the tenant, then you manage it after that?

AndyLuchies

Registered
QUOTE (trev @ Mar 12 2009, 03:24 PM) Is he just finding the tenant, then you manage it after that?

correct, the way it was quoted to me was X% to manage and 1 months rent to find a renter...but you raise good point, do the rates overlap, i will ask, thankyou.

Top Bottom