Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rental Property Insurance Needed

MitchParkerRE

Registered
I've had my rental properties insured by RBC for the last 7 years and was just told last week they can no longer offer me insurance because I have a group of 4 friends renting the property and not a family.

Who do you use for insuring your properties. This specific one is in Ottawa.

All help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Mitch Parker

DanielMirkovic

Registered
Hi Mitch,

We might be able to help you at Square One Insurance. We specialize in home insurance and currently serve most parts of BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. In many circumstances, we're able to write rental properties occupied by roommates. Here's a link to a bit more information on our rental property policy:

http://www.squareoneinsurance.ca/rental-property-insurance

Please feel free to give us a call at 1.855.331.6933. Our office is open between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm (PT), Monday through Saturday.

Sincerely,

Daniel Mirkovic

President + CEO

Square One Insurance

anamendez

REIN Member
You may check with Park Insurance, they are in BC. they are part of REIN. I have all my properties( In Ontario) with them, they have a beautiful landlords insurance.

Ana

Neil1

Registered
Whoever it is just ensure you have by law coverage.

Example:

Fire!

- no by law: say 100k damage. insurance pays only 50k, you pay 50k, because ooops - insurance only pays to put back as it was before fire but.. new built requirements are different now and more expensive.

- with bylaw insurance: say 100k damage. insurance pays 95k, you pay 5k deductible.

Neil

DanielMirkovic

Registered
Hi there,

This is total self-promotion, but the rental property policy at Square One includes guaranteed building replacement cost coverage, unlimited protection of changes to building codes (by-laws),and much more. Plus...you can get an online, real-time quote at www.squareoneinsurance.ca.

Daniel Mirkovic

President + CEO Square One

Top Bottom