Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rental Websites

Zacher

Registered
HI

Besides rentedmonton and homerent... has/does anyone know of any other good websites to list properties for rent.

jeremyfleming

Registered
QUOTE (Zacher @ Jan 16 2008, 01:58 PM) HI

Besides rentedmonton and homerent... has/does anyone know of any other good websites to list properties for rent.

I just did a Google search for you..... check it out: http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navcl...dmonton+rentals
style_emoticons

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Whenever you are marketing to a group, find out where they `hang out` rather than try and attract them to you. What I would do is play the role of a prospective tenant (i.e sit on the internet and pretend you are looking for a rental suite).

Use google to start (as that is what is most popular) and start typing in what you think a tenant will when looking for a rental. Then keep track of what sites are on the top of the lists. THAT is where you should advertise as that is exactly what the tenants will find and click on first.

Trust this helps

jleonard

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Jan 24 2008, 06:56 PM) Whenever you are marketing to a group, find out where they `hang out` rather than try and attract them to you. What I would do is play the role of a prospective tenant (i.e sit on the internet and pretend you are looking for a rental suite).

Use google to start (as that is what is most popular) and start typing in what you think a tenant will when looking for a rental. Then keep track of what sites are on the top of the lists. THAT is where you should advertise as that is exactly what the tenants will find and click on first.

Trust this helps

Just to add to Don`s point, there are several key sites in Canada that are "moving related" that don`t display rental ads however redirect a LOT of traffic out to rental websites.

When you do a search on google, take note of "referral" sites like relocatecanada.com, ontariotenants.ca, edmontonrenter.ca and apartmentinfo.ca etc. These sites are well ranked by the engines (sometimes just in certain cities) and by getting listed on these sites, rental websites can generate significant traffic. As an example, we generate over 10,000 visitors a month from relocatecanada.com alone during the summer months.

By looking on these sites, you`ll often find rental websites that don`t necessarily rank well on google in your area but can still generate huge traffic simply because they have found excellent sources of referral traffic. Of course, you also tend to find the industry leading sites as well which only further supports Don`s arguement of looking where the renters are looking.

Top Bottom