Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Renter Eviction Process

DarcyN

Registered
Quickly, the background on is, tenant originally was on time with payments but then post dated cheques started to `bounce`. The tenant got behind 3-4 months consistently. Would typically pay for 1-2 past months, always leaving 1-2 months late rent still owed. Finally, after personally talking to tenant and indicated `enough is enough` the landlord then sent a registered letter basically following up the conversation and indicating all late rental dues are to be paid in full by XXX date. The registered letter requires a signature and the tenant will not accept (sign for) this letter. So it`s time to remove the tenant as clearly they are avoiding the landloard.

My question is, what are the appropriate & legal `next steps` to be taken in removing the tenant from the property.

The property is in BC and the landlord resides in AB. I realize that poor management has lead to the situation and have offered to help these people (landlord) out. So, aside from `do a better job managing the property and your tenants` which I`ve already discussed with them, I welcome your insight and direction.

Thanks,

Darcy

mikecunning

REIN Member
QUOTE (DarcyN @ Oct 9 2008, 11:19 AM) Quickly, the background on is, tenant originally was on time with payments but then post dated cheques started to `bounce`. The tenant got behind 3-4 months consistently. Would typically pay for 1-2 past months, always leaving 1-2 months late rent still owed. Finally, after personally talking to tenant and indicated `enough is enough` the landlord then sent a registered letter basically following up the conversation and indicating all late rental dues are to be paid in full by XXX date. The registered letter requires a signature and the tenant will not accept (sign for) this letter. So it`s time to remove the tenant as clearly they are avoiding the landloard.

My question is, what are the appropriate & legal `next steps` to be taken in removing the tenant from the property.

The property is in BC and the landlord resides in AB. I realize that poor management has lead to the situation and have offered to help these people (landlord) out. So, aside from `do a better job managing the property and your tenants` which I`ve already discussed with them, I welcome your insight and direction.

Thanks,

Darcy

Make sure the letter states that "IT IS A MATERIAL BREACH OF THE TENANCY" If the letter states does not state this it will be thrown out

You need to use the BC Tenancy forms for the eviction (if you don`t it will get thrown out)

Check out www.rto.gov.bc.ca

Top Bottom