Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

renting a house in Burlington Ontario

terri

Registered
I'm wondering if anyone can help me do research on rents for a HOUSE in Burlington. It belongs to a family member and is located around Brant near the lake. It's a one bedroom plus den bungalow with an unfinished basement, 2 car parking, backyard. It's been completely renovated professionally within the last 5 years (owner is a builder and was renovated as owner occupied, so above average renovation for the street). It's across the street from a park and dog friendly. Every rental site that I've looked at on line only has apts in high rise buildings no houses for rent, or basement apts. I have yet to find one comparable property for rent.

Does anyone know that area well that could give me a general idea of what a 1 bedroom plus den bungalow would rent for? With/ without utilities. Or suggest a site(s) where I can do the research myself.

Greatly appreciated,

Terri

rforgiel

REIN Member
Terri,

Last year I had to rent an apartment my Dad has in that area. I was surprised at how low the rents were compared to the current selling prices.

I rented to a young medical resident travelling to Hamilton. His primary complaint was those high rise apartment buildings you see on line have a lot of older folks in them and there is not a lot for the younger crowd.

The only folks I know of that offer house apartments are on a link below but these are furnished apartments. They have a unit in in the building my Dad has a unit. It looks like the premium for furnishing the apartment is $600 - $700/ month

http://www.burlingtonfurnishedrentals.com/

Erwin Sazo aka Mr. Hamilton has a rental house in that area. He may be able to give you some good advice.

zado

Registered
I'd be interested in knowing approximately how much the property is worth. I have a few friends who live in Burlington, and I'm baffled on how expensive it is there and how one can get a decent return for rent. Does it have a good size lot? If so jump on it and re-develop it :)

Top Bottom