Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reserve Fund Study Report Findings

brightdreams

Registered
Hello

I have put one offer in Red Deer and studying Reserve Fund Study Report. This is a townhouse in newer complex (2006 construction) and they did their first study in Mar-08.

The report start with findings noted by the person who did this study. It says as under:
Building plans provided to me By the City of Red Deer differed in a number of ways from actual construction, specifically:

1. Building plan call for domestic hot water storage tanks only, with heat drawn from heating boilers, whereas the buildings have seft-contained heater-storage tanks.

2. There are no pre-cast concrete doorsteps.

3. Exterior walls are noted on the drawings as requiring a stucco finish rather than vinyl siding on closely adjoining buildings

4. Parking lot area differs.

Do you think above qualification will create any problem from city in future?

Ken15

Registered
QUOTE (brightdreams @ Dec 21 2008, 10:43 PM) Hello

I have put one offer in Red Deer and studying Reserve Fund Study Report. This is a townhouse in newer complex (2006 construction) and they did their first study in Mar-08.

The report start with findings noted by the person who did this study. It says as under:
Building plans provided to me By the City of Red Deer differed in a number of ways from actual construction, specifically:

1. Building plan call for domestic hot water storage tanks only, with heat drawn from heating boilers, whereas the buildings have seft-contained heater-storage tanks.

2. There are no pre-cast concrete doorsteps.

3. Exterior walls are noted on the drawings as requiring a stucco finish rather than vinyl siding on closely adjoining buildings

4. Parking lot area differs.

Do you think above qualification will create any problem from city in future?

You might want to look closer at the vinyl siding between closely adjoining units. There are usually building codes that specify what materials can be used to prevent fire spread between units. There are "fire rated" stucco finishes. Might want to confirm why stucco was not used.

Top Bottom