Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Robert Allen

mikeberg

Registered
Hello everyone,

Has anybody heard about Richard Allen, the realestate guru, who offers 3 day training seminars on how to buy and sell houses. He has been advertising in the newspaper lately about his upcoming seminars. I don`t know too much about him, but what i`ve heard has been negative. Is this guy trustable? Or is he what i`ve heard already?

Any input would be helpfull

Thanks,

Mike

Candi

Registered
Hi, do you mean Robert Allen the "RAI" seminars?

if that is the one and you have extra 3.5k and extra , extra ... up to you, most of his trainings are geared to the deals in USA and you are left with a bunch of old cds, and huge binders with a canadian flag to make it Canadian, ... well it probably works for some one who want to do dealings in the USA. I took that course in 2007 and was told to go and send low offers 20-30% or even more- guess what, to begin with, I couldn`t find realtors who wanted to submit my low offers, then I kept on thinking need to get that expense back. etc- most of the graduates I kept in touch with have not yet bought their first property. to tell you the truth, to my surprise one of the guys who took his seminar took the REIN Quick star in Vancouver in Feb 2008 along with a coach from that course?!!! I too became a REIN MEMBER in Van this year- I believe our REIN group is by far the best network I have found - I am focusing in how to be an investor not a quick chase of the money- Hope that helps!

writeabooknow

Registered
Hi Mike!

I don`t like passing judgement on anyone without concrete facts. Particularly in a public forum. Part of being a good investor is doing your own investigation and not depending on rumors.

But I will say, from first-hand knowledge, that the information provided by REIN is simply outstanding. Everything you need to know to become an effective and successful RE investor is here for the asking. I`ve been a member for several years and they`ve always come through. I guess if you wanted to spend even more money, you could buy some consulting time with the top guys and gals of the organization.

It`s just the place to go if you want to learn, master and succeed with Canadian Real Estate.

Cheers,
Steve Manning

ChrisDavies

Registered
There`s also a Robert Allen quote the Don likes to use, which essentially goes "REIN is better than the real estate investment groups that I`ve started".

donksky

Registered
I attended a free intro/teaser seminar but I don`t think they have much of a track record in Canada. THey mostly had U.S. examples & their "CDN experts" are people/realtors I`ve never heard of. If u check his website on education you`ll see u could spend as much as US$10k to drill down to the real meaty seminars & even then, I don`t know how useful that would be in Canada or even the track record in the States. Do an Internet search on "real estate" and "gurus" or "experts" and you`ll see the bad, the ugly (including lawsuits) & the good feedback on tons of mostly U.S. seminar givers. It`s been said that with the U.S. slowdown, all these U.S. "EXPERTS" are coming to Canada `coz their U.S. market has dried up.

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Apr 16 2008, 08:41 AM) There`s also a Robert Allen quote the Don likes to use, which essentially goes "REIN is better than the real estate investment groups that I`ve started".
I found the quote on the reincanada.com site;
"This is by far the best real estate networking group I`ve ever come across.. including the ones I`ve started!"

- Robert Allen (Bestselling author of `Nothing Down` and `Creating Wealth`)

David.

RedlineBrett

Registered
I have taken the Robert Allen course and even paid for their more detailed coaching. He`s an Albertan too, FYI.

In short it wasn`t worth it... but I did get some great info out of them.

REIN focuses on the best way to create wealth through real estate - buy and hold. The Robert Allen group does do a lot of work on shorter term deals though and does have a very solid system for making these deals work.

It is very `US` focused but their methods can be applied to Canada in many ways. Working motivated sellers, foreclosures, lease-options are all stuff I learned from the RAI and I have had success with every one of them.

Just remember that all these `systems` are indeed businesses that are out there to make money.

Also - none of them will work if you don`t take action. You can read 100 books and scour the internet for real estate education but if you aren`t out there writing offers and casing deals you won`t get anywhere regardless of how you educate yourself.

QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Apr 16 2008, 10:17 AM) I found the quote on the reincanada.com site;
"This is by far the best real estate networking group I`ve ever come across.. including the ones I`ve started!"

- Robert Allen (Bestselling author of `Nothing Down` and `Creating Wealth`)

David.

craigw

Registered
I took the Robert Allen course last year. It cost $3500 and that gives you three days of training. However if you subtract all the time they spend trying to upsell you on personal coaching and the $5000 computer program, you end up with about a day and a half of so so real estate info. I am joining REIN in the next few weeks and wish I had done it a year ago instead of the RA course.

Craig

UTCVenturesLtd

Registered
QUOTE (craigw @ Apr 16 2008, 11:54 PM) I took the Robert Allen course last year. It cost $3500 and that gives you three days of training. However if you subtract all the time they spend trying to upsell you on personal coaching and the $5000 computer program, you end up with about a day and a half of so so real estate info. I am joining REIN in the next few weeks and wish I had done it a year ago instead of the RA course.

Craig

I did the 3hr workshop leading up to the $3500 course. Marketing is top notch! Karl Noon, the educator will take the first 8 people to purchase the course and walk them through your first deal asap. You can sit in one day of training and then opt out. If you don`t do your first deal within a year and recoup your course costs, they refund you the $3500 so they say! Karl says that in the U.S. he can get a 4% return whereas in Calgary, he can get a 24-27% return...so that is why he prefers coming to Alberta. I find that hard to believe with the "now" market here.

Quickstart seems to have more bang for the buck and everyone raves about it or being a REIN member and getting the Quickstart included. (I wonder if there is such as thing as a RAI forum to see if the students rave about their program?)

RebeccaBryan

Registered
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Apr 16 2008, 11:11 AM) I have taken the Robert Allen course and even paid for their more detailed coaching. He`s an Albertan too, FYI.

In short it wasn`t worth it... but I did get some great info out of them.

REIN focuses on the best way to create wealth through real estate - buy and hold. The Robert Allen group does do a lot of work on shorter term deals though and does have a very solid system for making these deals work.

It is very `US` focused but their methods can be applied to Canada in many ways. Working motivated sellers, foreclosures, lease-options are all stuff I learned from the RAI and I have had success with every one of them.

Just remember that all these `systems` are indeed businesses that are out there to make money.

Also - none of them will work if you don`t take action. You can read 100 books and scour the internet for real estate education but if you aren`t out there writing offers and casing deals you won`t get anywhere regardless of how you educate yourself.

So, so true!

Top Bottom