Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ron LeGrand

kickman

Registered
With his the upcoming seminar coming to Ontario I was very interested to know more about Ron...however i have come accross alot of negative press about him and his (old) methods that is leaving me with a ton of doubt and i am puzzled if this man who is reconized by so many as a scammer, why would Don support him in workshops?

I think More clarity is needed before i shell out 2500 bucks for a seminar. Can anyone add to this topic to help ease my mind or confirm the press.

thanks

Rob.

Smitty

REIN Member
QUOTE (kickman @ Oct 18 2010, 05:15 PM)
With his the upcoming seminar coming to Ontario I was very interested to know more about Ron...however i have come accross alot of negative press about him and his (old) methods that is leaving me with a ton of doubt and i am puzzled if this man who is reconized by so many as a scammer, why would Don support him in workshops?

I think More clarity is needed before i shell out 2500 bucks for a seminar. Can anyone add to this topic to help ease my mind or confirm the press.

thanks

Rob.

Rob:

Many threads already started. The REIN team probably wants to remind you to use the search function, so that we can all reduce redundancy. Hopefully this will be the last reply to this thread, as there is lots of research and comments here:

http://myreinspace.com/rein_members_only/Members-Only_Discussion/81-18367-Ron_LeGrand_quick_turn__Feedback.html

http://myreinspace.com/rein_members_only/Canadian_Quick_Turn_Real_Estate/108-18462-Pulling_comps_-_Ron_LeGrand_style.html

http://myreinspace.com/rein_members_only/Canadian_Quick_Turn_Real_Estate/108-16629-Ron_LeGrand_Seller_Financing_Apr_22-24.html

http://myreinspace.com/public_forums/Real_Estate_Discussion/62-15175-Whats_behind_the_curtain_-_What_due_dilligence_should_be_done_before_signing_up_for_a_course.html

And, please pay particular attention to Wade Fenner's reply on page 2 of this thread:

http://myreinspace.com/rein_members_only/Canadian_Quick_Turn_Real_Estate/108-17706-Quick_Turn_Real_Estate_School.html

Cheers,

Smitty

kickman

Registered
Sorry I did do a search and it is not available to read as I am not a rein member but rather a newbie.

Rickson9

Registered
The OP is not a REIN member so most of the links will not help him.

Speaking for myself, I think you would do better to shell out 2500 for reading material at the local used bookstore.

Smitty

REIN Member
QUOTE (kickman @ Oct 18 2010, 08:04 PM) Sorry I did do a search and it is not available to read as I am not a rein member but rather a newbie.

Ahhh...sorry. Guess my reply was indeed useless.

Wonder if anyone would get upset if I copied and pasted Wade`s reply?...

Well anyways, considering a Ron-Legrand, quick-turn approach is not something to be considered lightly. You need money for marketing, and don`t buy into the hype you can just start with a few hundred dollars. One thing I don`t think Ron communicates well is that while many of his approaches and techniques can be adapted and applied for Canada, I will say, on average, the Canadian home-owner is a little more sophisticated, or perhaps better stated, more conservative.

I took Ron`s course and I am glad I did, but please be sure that you have a regular, income producing job that can sustain you. Ron`s approach and methods can produce great results, but you have to be willing to be very persistent to find good deals. As Ron says, 95% of the sellers will waste your time - they`re "suspects" not "prospects".

Its a different game and requires extra patience and resilience. Count on upwards of 2 years before you get any regular "deal flow", which is really the bottom line when it comes to Ron`s approach. All about being what he calls a "transaction engineer".

Start by buying his book:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/How-Be...amp;ikwsec=Home

Its essentially his seminar; difference being that in his seminar he does a fairly decent job of "Canadianizing" the content.

Smitty

REINteam

Registered
Hi kickman,

With anyone who has been doing this for over 25 years you`re bound to find negative reviews, it`s guaranteed. I`ve read the same reviews you have, seen the sites, etc and they come as no surprise. With that said, what Ron teaches is legit and it does work here in Canada, period. Here is a video of Russell Westcott from REIN™ interviewing some members who went to the event last year: Quick Turn Reviews - all of these investors went to the program for the first time last year, some did further mentoring with Ron, some didn`t. Bottom line, there are Canadians making this work in markets all over Canada...and yes, there are members doing this in high priced markets as well, Vancouver, Toronto and Ft. Mac specifically.

As for "Canadian home-owner is a little more sophisticated, or perhaps better stated, more conservative." I`d have to disagree. The exact same deals you can find in the US can be found up here, no question about it. People need to sell for lots of reasons, same rings true in Canada, there just happens to be 10X more people south of the border...

Feel free to call me if you have any questions: 1-888-824-7346

REINteam

Registered
To add the videos to this thread, so you can watch them here:

People who attended the event last year:

Some Students Taking Action Video #1

Video #2

Hope this helps...

I'll dig up some more information for you from the threads that Smitty mentioned above

kickman

Registered
Great info guys I appreciate it. Urging
Its best to by books and stick to buy and holds for now seems to me lease to owns does not fit into my plan.

Thanks again
Rob.

larolargo

Registered
The techniques are 100% legit!
In 4 days calling fsbos to bring leads to the boot camp I`ve came accross 5 potential deals. Hopefully I can get at least one under contract before I get to the workshop. And I`m 100% percent beginner!
Even though I don`t have a check to show yet I feel very confident in Ron teaching!
But it`s like Ron says:
"It will work everywhere except where you live"!
If you want to ask somebody whether his techniques work, make sure you ask someone who`s successfully applying his techniques!

Mario
Vancouver,BC

REINteam

Registered
If you like you can listen to the recent conference call with Ron LeGrand and some of the students attending the upcoming bootcamp next week. Real deals being analyzed, Ron is the master of what to say when talking to potential sellers. If you would like to know what to say to a potential seller Ron `loads your lip` with the exact magic words.

On this conference call Ron role models for his students how to instantly qualify if a property is an deal or a dud.

Click here to listen to the conference call.

To get more information on this event >> click here

To instantly register >> click here

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
QUOTE (Smitty @ Oct 18 2010, 11:14 PM) Ahhh...sorry. Guess my reply was indeed useless.

Wonder if anyone would get upset if I copied and pasted Wade`s reply?...

Well anyways, considering a Ron-Legrand, quick-turn approach is not something to be considered lightly. You need money for marketing, and don`t buy into the hype you can just start with a few hundred dollars. One thing I don`t think Ron communicates well is that while many of his approaches and techniques can be adapted and applied for Canada, I will say, on average, the Canadian home-owner is a little more sophisticated, or perhaps better stated, more conservative.

I took Ron`s course and I am glad I did, but please be sure that you have a regular, income producing job that can sustain you. Ron`s approach and methods can produce great results, but you have to be willing to be very persistent to find good deals. As Ron says, 95% of the sellers will waste your time - they`re "suspects" not "prospects".

Its a different game and requires extra patience and resilience. Count on upwards of 2 years before you get any regular "deal flow", which is really the bottom line when it comes to Ron`s approach. All about being what he calls a "transaction engineer".

Start by buying his book:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/How-Be...amp;ikwsec=Home

Its essentially his seminar; difference being that in his seminar he does a fairly decent job of "Canadianizing" the content.

Smitty

Hi Smitty,

Which Wade? If its mine please go ahead.

Top Bottom