Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RRSP INVESTMENTS

brightdreams

Registered
HELLO

DOES ANY ONE KNOWS GOOD RRSP ELIGIBLE REAL EASTATE INVESTMENT? I AM NOT MUCH INTO REAL EASTATE BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND COMPARE THAT WITH THE CONVENTIONAL RRSPS LIKE GICS AND MUTUAL FUNDS.

FIROZ

mthorn

Registered
QUOTE (chunara @ Jan 11 2008, 04:30 PM) HELLODOES ANY ONE KNOWS GOOD RRSP ELIGIBLE REAL EASTATE INVESTMENT? I AM NOT MUCH INTO REAL EASTATE BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND COMPARE THAT WITH THE CONVENTIONAL RRSPS LIKE GICS AND MUTUAL FUNDS.FIROZSecond and third morgages on properties that you do not own or do not have an interest in are fairly easy to do through most trust comanies and TD Waterhouse.  They need to be "arms length mortgages"You can also lend money through your rrsp`s to yourself, partner or family member, but the loan and loan to value have to meet certain guidlines - similar to the same restrictions the banks have when lending money.  I am not exactly sure of all these restrictions but an example of what i mean is Loan to Value may only be 75%.  This is just an example I am not sure of the exact % alowable

navaz

Registered
Hello Firoz

Would like to quote a couple of people with good financial acument-these are para-phrased

Robert Kayasaki - Mutual fund companies make 80% of the profits, clients take 100% of the risk and put in 100% of the money and make 20% of the profits over the lifetime of investments-is that risk worth it?

Warren Buffet - Diversification is protection against ignorance. If you know what you are doing, diversification is of no use

Point being -You have to take 100% for resposibility -if you cannot time to educated your self- you are better off in GIC`s as protecting your investment is more important than making money

BobHudson

Registered
I have done a couple of RRSP second mortgages with my own RRSP and have taken a few RRSP seconds from investors on our projects. We usually offer 14% interest only payable monthly.

To understand the mechanics of how these work, have a look at the RRSP (label=RRSP) entires on my blog http://lease2ownbob.blogspot.com/search/label/RRSP There I also cover considerations like fees and impact on the Debt Coverage Ratio of a deal.

For the real Canadian expert on this stuff, go to Valden Palm, Mister RRSP. His web site is http://www.misterrrsp.com/ and he has a self study course for people wanting much more detail.

brightdreams

Registered
QUOTE (navaz @ Jan 12 2008, 06:50 AM) Hello Firoz

Would like to quote a couple of people with good financial acument-these are para-phrased

Robert Kayasaki - Mutual fund companies make 80% of the profits, clients take 100% of the risk and put in 100% of the money and make 20% of the profits over the lifetime of investments-is that risk worth it?

Warren Buffet - Diversification is protection against ignorance. If you know what you are doing, diversification is of no use

Point being -You have to take 100% for resposibility -if you cannot time to educated your self- you are better off in GIC`s as protecting your investment is more important than making money

Hello Navaz

I 100% agree with you. Thanks for the quotes and advice. Education is key in any field you want to grow.

Firoz

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (chunara @ Jan 11 2008, 02:30 PM) HELLO

DOES ANY ONE KNOWS GOOD RRSP ELIGIBLE REAL EASTATE INVESTMENT? I AM NOT MUCH INTO REAL EASTATE BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND COMPARE THAT WITH THE CONVENTIONAL RRSPS LIKE GICS AND MUTUAL FUNDS.

FIROZ

check our website .. RRSP eligible !!

brightdreams

Registered
QUOTE (BobHudson @ Jan 12 2008, 09:45 AM) I have done a couple of RRSP second mortgages with my own RRSP and have taken a few RRSP seconds from investors on our projects. We usually offer 14% interest only payable monthly.

To understand the mechanics of how these work, have a look at the RRSP (label=RRSP) entires on my blog http://lease2ownbob.blogspot.com/search/label/RRSP There I also cover considerations like fees and impact on the Debt Coverage Ratio of a deal.

For the real Canadian expert on this stuff, go to Valden Palm, Mister RRSP. His web site is http://www.misterrrsp.com/ and he has a self study course for people wanting much more detail.

Hi Bob

Many thanks for your advice and suggetions. I quickly went over your blogs about RRSP. I will check with my bank about setting up RRSP account. Right now my rrsps are scattered all over in my name and my wife`s name. Meanwhile if you have any good projects coming up let me know. If i get good return i will be interested.

Firoz

Firoz

RedlineBrett

Registered
QUOTE (navaz @ Jan 12 2008, 05:50 AM) Hello Firoz

Those are excellent quotes! I really like the WB one. Thanks!

ApexQI

Registered
QUOTE (chunara @ Jan 11 2008, 02:30 PM) HELLO

FIROZ

ApexQI

Registered
Hello Firoz, I am a real estate investor that offers RRSP 2nd mortgages on proven real estate. If you are in the Calgary area and would like to discuss some options and how the process works I would be glad to buy you a coffee and answer whatever questions I can.

403-660-4242

Thanks
Stewart

Top Bottom