Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saskatchewan`s home insurance?

kanabel

Registered
Hello everyone!
I have recently came across bump when I tried to get insurance for to be purchased VACANT property in Regina, so I can close the deal. Main obstacle is that I am out of province, so not having supporting business, and that property is vacant at the moment. Seems that no one is eager to insure that property under these conditions. Since this is my first property in Saskatchewan just wondering how other investors from other provinces cope with that, and if anyone knows any insurance company in Saskatchewan that would have wide understandings from out of province investors. Thanks for your replies!
Dejan

Nicola

Registered
QUOTE (kanabel @ Mar 17 2008, 01:21 AM) Hello everyone!
I have recently came across bump when I tried to get insurance for to be purchased VACANT property in Regina, so I can close the deal. Main obstacle is that I am out of province, so not having supporting business, and that property is vacant at the moment. Seems that no one is eager to insure that property under these conditions. Since this is my first property in Saskatchewan just wondering how other investors from other provinces cope with that, and if anyone knows any insurance company in Saskatchewan that would have wide understandings from out of province investors. Thanks for your replies!
Dejan

You could try SMI (Sask Mutual Insurance). They are willing to insure non-resident, non-homeowners. You might have to pay a bit more than usual, though, especially if it`s vacant.

Top Bottom