Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saskatoon SK

saskbrian

Registered
style_emoticons
Hi, My name is Brian Gauntlett. I am a REIN member living and investing here in Saskatoon. The REIN programme is terrific and it works very well here. I am looking for other REIN members here for the purpose of networking, mutual support and just getting together over a cup of coffee. A group of like-minded people with similar goals working together I believe will be of benefit to all of us.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Saskbrian

3Girls

Brian,

My name is Maurice Roberge. I too live and invest in S`toon and would also like to develop a networking group here.

Through responsing here we can set something up.

Maurice

patrickmc

Registered
QUOTE (saskbrian @ Nov 13 2007, 10:19 AM)
style_emoticons
Hi, My name is Brian Gauntlett. I am a REIN member living and investing here in Saskatoon. The REIN programme is terrific and it works very well here. I am looking for other REIN members here for the purpose of networking, mutual support and just getting together over a cup of coffee. A group of like-minded people with similar goals working together I believe will be of benefit to all of us.

Saskbrian

Hi Brian. My name is Pat and I am a REIN member living in Calgary. I`m thinking of coming to Saskatoon in the next little while to take a look around. Any ideas where I might start? I havn`t done any research as of yet. Are prices still pretty reasonable? Drop me a line, Pat

saskbrian

Registered
QUOTE (3Girls @ Nov 13 2007, 12:27 PM) Brian,

My name is Maurice Roberge. I too live and invest in S`toon and would also like to develop a networking group here.

Through responsing here we can set something up.

Maurice

Maurice,

I dont know what your schedule is like, I have this week off work, how about a coffee at Tims?

saskbrian

Registered
QUOTE (patrickmc @ Nov 13 2007, 09:00 PM) Hi Brian. My name is Pat and I am a REIN member living in Calgary. I`m thinking of coming to Saskatoon in the next little while to take a look around. Any ideas where I might start? I havn`t done any research as of yet. Are prices still pretty reasonable? Drop me a line, Pat

Hello Pat,
I think Saskatoon is a great place to invest but dont take my word for it , I would suggest you start by completing a Rein Property Goldmine score card on the region and then one on Saskatoon. I think youll like what you will find. Cash flow properties can still be found here.
style_emoticons

Cheers,
Brian

melliot

Registered
Finally some SK people (eventhough I`m from Toronto
style_emoticons
). But I do invest in Saskatoon!

I`ve been doing quite a bit of research in the Saskatoon area and I can see some really nice growth (not to mention a solid foundation to keep that growth going). I`m actually trying to develop some contacts in the area (Realtors, Lawyers, Property Manager etc.) I`m actually flying in next week and want to start arranging some appointments and meetings with some of these people. Since most, if not all of you seem to be from Sasakatoon, I had a couple of questions for you guys, if you don`t mind helping me out.

- What in your opinion do you see to be promising up and coming areas or "hot zones" in Saskatoon?
- Can you refer me to any investor friendly Realtors, Lawyers or even Property Managers that you`ve worked with and had a positive experience with in the past?

Thanks for the help!

PS. 3Girls> If you read this, thanks for your input on my previous post. It was definitely helpful!

saskbrian

Registered
QUOTE (melliot @ Nov 15 2007, 04:43 PM) Finally some SK people (eventhough I`m from Toronto
style_emoticons
). But I do invest in Saskatoon!

I`ve been doing quite a bit of research in the Saskatoon area and I can see some really nice growth (not to mention a solid foundation to keep that growth going). I`m actually trying to develop some contacts in the area (Realtors, Lawyers, Property Manager etc.) I`m actually flying in next week and want to start arranging some appointments and meetings with some of these people. Since most, if not all of you seem to be from Sasakatoon, I had a couple of questions for you guys, if you don`t mind helping me out.

- What in your opinion do you see to be promising up and coming areas or "hot zones" in Saskatoon?
- Can you refer me to any investor friendly Realtors, Lawyers or even Property Managers that you`ve worked with and had a positive experience with in the past?

Thanks for the help!

PS. 3Girls> If you read this, thanks for your input on my previous post. It was definitely helpful!

hello,

Saskatoon is a great city to invest in.
style_emoticons
It is still a small city compared to Toronto or Calgary or Edmonton, I think you could find a good cash flow property just about anywhere. I personally purchase on the west side of the city. If the REIN property analyzer says buy I do if not I dont.
I only bought my first property thru a realtor and my next 3 by networking with people in my neighborhood and at work and thru the newspaper. So sorry I cant recommend a realtor. I can recommend a very good lawyer, His name is Randy Katzman @ 306-653-5000. I am currently managing my own potfolio so I cant recommend a Property manager either.
Cheers.

Saskbrian

3Girls

QUOTE (saskbrian @ Nov 15 2007, 07:23 PM) hello,

Saskatoon is a great city to invest in.
style_emoticons
It is still a small city compared to Toronto or Calgary or Edmonton, I think you could find a good cash flow property just about anywhere. I personally purchase on the west side of the city. If the REIN property analyzer says buy I do if not I dont.
I only bought my first property thru a realtor and my next 3 by networking with people in my neighborhood and at work and thru the newspaper. So sorry I cant recommend a realtor. I can recommend a very good lawyer, His name is Randy Katzman @ 306-653-5000. I am currently managing my own potfolio so I cant recommend a Property manager either.
Cheers.

Saskbrian

Hi,

I would also agree that there is good cash flow properties throughout the city. For a few reasons we have focussed more on the East side. It really depends on the type of property you are after. S`toon has some very new areas and like other cities the "not so good" areas. But some of those areas also have very good potential for rentals. As I indicated it just depends what you are after.
I can recomend Dave Rempel as a Realtor. We have dealt with him, and I know he has rentals himself. Remax 242-6000. Lawyer we have used Al Haubrich at Robertson Stromberg Pedersen. He has been involved in dealing with real estate for a long time.

3Girls

QUOTE (saskbrian @ Nov 14 2007, 05:33 PM) Maurice,

I dont know what your schedule is like, I have this week off work, how about a coffee at Tims?

Next week is better for me. I write my final CFP exam on the 17th so won`t get my head out of the books until after that time.

Maurice

ryanchatfield

Registered
Hi i`am a rein member in Calgary i have invested in Airdrie, Calgary, Edmonton and in the last year Saskatoon. I had the best results in Saskatoon, because i could buy properties so cheap. (cash flow/great app.) I did very well in the alberta markets also, but i think Saskatoon was overlooked. I`am just glad i bought when i did!! I grew up near Saskatoon, so there is a huge advantage knowing what area`s not to buy in! All the best to you!! Ryan

3Girls

QUOTE (ryanchatfield @ Nov 15 2007, 09:52 PM) Hi i`am a rein member in Calgary i have invested in Airdrie, Calgary, Edmonton and in the last year Saskatoon. I had the best results in Saskatoon, because i could buy properties so cheap. (cash flow/great app.) I did very well in the alberta markets also, but i think Saskatoon was overlooked. I`am just glad i bought when i did!! I grew up near Saskatoon, so there is a huge advantage knowing what area`s not to buy in! All the best to you!! Ryan

Ryan,
Obviously you know about the huge gains we have had here over the 2 yrs or so. For many reasons I feel that there are still good things to come for us here. For more and more people they are seeing this as a nice place to live with many job opportunities- not only here but as a hub for people that spread out to their job. I can`t see us having a continued run the way it has been, but I would almost prefer a slower consistent market any way. I think our change in government will only help.

Maurice

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (melliot @ Nov 15 2007, 03:43 PM) - Can you refer me to any investor friendly Realtors, Lawyers or even Property Managers that you`ve worked with and had a positive experience with in the past?
I grew up in Saskatoon, and my family is still there. My Dad (Jack Sandbrand) is a Real Estate investor and a realtor with Coldwell Banker, and can be reached at 306-241-0389. I moved away from Saskatoon before becoming involved in investing, so I can`t give you any first-hand experience stories about him, but I hear good things.
style_emoticons

QUOTE (saskbrian @ Nov 15 2007, 06:23 PM) I can recommend a very good lawyer, His name is Randy Katzman @ 306-653-5000.
I`ve known Randy for years, and I`ve always heard great things about him, including from my family that has used him extensively. I`d certainly back-up Brian`s referral.

I hope that helps,

David.
(Calgary)

melliot

Registered
Thanks everyone for the great feedback and the referrals. I`ll make sure my visit next week will be super productive
style_emoticons

I`ll also share whatever information I gather and post it in the forums.

saskbrian

Registered
QUOTE (3Girls @ Nov 15 2007, 09:02 PM) Next week is better for me. I write my final CFP exam on the 17th so won`t get my head out of the books until after that time.

Maurice

I go back towork next week, maybe an evening will work just let me know.

Cheers
Sakbrian

Nicola

Registered
I`m from Saskatoon, but live in Seoul. We have one property (house) in Saskatoon - managed by Saskatoon Real Estate Services.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about them.

Sktooninvestor

Registered
I`ve been investing in Saskatoon since 2002. We currently own 2 condo`s. The property managers for both places is ICR Property Management.

tkdnagster

Registered
Hi Brian,
style_emoticons

As the newbies on the block, we think it would be great to get together to share insight into our market.
Is it a surprise that Tim`s is the place to meet? Don`t mean to be biased, but Saskatoon Tim`s are the best I`ve seen anywhere!
Feel free to call us any time.

Terry & Angie Williams
343-8623

3Girls

I would also like to get together with any other REIN members in the city.

Maurice Roberge
227-7618

LoganCallele

Registered
QUOTE (saskbrian @ Nov 13 2007, 11:19 AM)
style_emoticons

Saskbrian

Hi, my name is Logan Callele. I just recently joined REIN and moved to Prince Albert. Did you have any luck with your group. It sounds like something I would like to be involved with. I am currently working on researching the goldmine scorecard for Prince Albert. Are any of you looking at Prince Albert? I recently attended the Northern Saskatchewan Economic Summit held here in P.A. and there definately seems to be a lot of potential for this region.

Regards,

Logan Callele

Top Bottom