Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Self Introduction from a new member

NeilBirch

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I have wanted to join REIN for a while now, and after going to the event in Calgary last Saturday, I finally made the commitment. I am looking forward to meeting people who have similar interests and have had career success in real estate investment and development.

My wife and I moved to Calgary about 4 years ago. Just in time to buy a small overpriced home at the height of the bubble. I did some value-add renos while there and now I have some great tenants taking care of the mortgage. I am 18 months into my second Calgary property and doing some smart renos there. The basement has become a suite and has a tenant and I am renting out the garage to pay for my REIN subscription. I plan to be getting into another property in the spring. Whether I keep or sell this one is still undecided.

I am in IT, but in the last few years realized that my passion is renovating. I would like to buy, fix and sell (or better yet hold) properties for a living. I read of the term switch -jobbing (Joey Ragona), thats me. I take a week holiday and renovate my bathroom or put down hardwood flooring and then return to work refreshed and invigorated.

If anyone wants to talk about their reno projects or better yet, hear about mine and look at my pictures, I am always available. :)

My personal Belize is in the Philippines and involves scuba diving.

TodorYordanov

Registered
Hi Neil and welcome to the community!

Good luck with the "switch-jobbing" and bringing even more passion into your daily life.

Looking forward to your tips and stories on renovation.

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=NeilBirch]If anyone wants to talk about their reno projects or better yet, hear about mine and look at my pictures, I am always available. :)

I'm part way through a plan similar in at least the broad strokes (renovating properties in Calgary and holding them for long term cash flow). If you're in IT are you downtown? We could meet for a coffee sometime and swap reno stories.

Regards,

Michael

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Welcome aboard .. A great community ..

I also hail from the IT stable (DB2, AIX, WebSphere, VisualAge for Java, MQSeries, IMS and CICS connectors .. That sort of stuff) ..

Follow your passion and you will be successful however the main tasks of a serious real estate investor is to find great deals and find investors .. The rest can be delegated for $/h usually .. See my blog entry on 5 ways to make money, and "how to get started", for example !

JoeRagona

Registered
Welcome Neil!!! You will have a blast on the 'inside' members section!

Top Bottom