Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should I check his credit rating?

Yenesch

Registered
Hi,

Should I check the proposed investor`s credit rating even if the return is secured and guaranteed?

Thanks,
Jessica

Donal_Ward_McCarthy

REIN Member
Whatever makes you comfortable Jessica.

Ask the tough questions to ease your own mind about entering any type of deal.

do much due dilligence and I do believe you will find some help sheets for choosing JV investors in the forms section of the members site.

Maybe have your lawyer look at the terms and conditions of the proposed returns. Ask all the "what if`s?" if that return is not there when the time is due. extensions of credit and interests should be stipulated.

Once again, you and your lawyer are the best way to guard yourself. I think asking to speak with other investors who have done the same as you with that same investor is a better approach than pulling credit. referals speak volumes also.

i hope this helps.

QUOTE (Yenesch @ Nov 7 2007, 07:10 PM) Hi,

Should I check the proposed investor`s credit rating even if the return is secured and guaranteed?

Thanks,
Jessica

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi,

There is a JV Partner `background check` Checklist system in the JV Secrets package that EVERYONE should use for every JV partner relationship.

I recommend that you work through that so that you don`t partner with someone with `skeletons in their closet` that could come back to `haunt` your finances in the future.

Yenesch

Registered
Thanks for both of your comments and advice, I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom