Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shut down crackhouse and bawdy bus

mortgageman

Registered
I have a happy success to announce that should go improve life on one street in the Montrose neighbourhood of Edmonton.

Thanks to speedy and decisive action by the Edmonton Police Service, a nuisance in the neighbourhood is history.

In mid-August I learned from one of my tenants that the people who rented the house next door were selling crack.

After hearing the allegations from my tenant, I talked to a couple of other neighbours who I had never met. They confirmed there had been on-going problems but they were too afraid to report the house to police since they were older women who lived alone and didn`t want to be targeted if there were repercussions. One woman said the occupants also had a prostitution business (multiple streams of income!) operating in a dilapidated bus in the back yard. I did not know about either the drugs or the tricks because while the neighbours appeared a tad unsavory, all was quiet whenever I checked on my property.

I talked to an EPS patrol constable who directed me to call a Const. Ruskin at North Division. It is her job to oversee putting drug houses in the district out of business.

Apparently she`s very good at her job because a couple of weeks later the house is now vacant, the landlord is hauling away a mountain of garbage and the bawdy bus looks like it`s getting ready to be towed away.

If you have a problem house near one of your properties in North Division, I highly recommend you call Const. Ruskin at 426.8100.

bizaro86

Registered
Congrats!

This is a great example of how your real estate investing business has made the world a better place. Think how much nicer things will be for the people of the neighbourhood (including the elderly women!) now that this blight has been removed. A win for you, your tenants, and Edmonton.

Michael

Nicola

Registered
We have a house in Montrose, too. Thanks for getting rid of the bad neighbours!!

JPAQ

Registered
QUOTE (mortgageman @ Oct 4 2009, 10:00 PM) I have a happy success to announce that should go improve life on one street in the Montrose neighbourhood of Edmonton.

Thanks to speedy and decisive action by the Edmonton Police Service, a nuisance in the neighbourhood is history.

In mid-August I learned from one of my tenants that the people who rented the house next door were selling crack.

After hearing the allegations from my tenant, I talked to a couple of other neighbours who I had never met. They confirmed there had been on-going problems but they were too afraid to report the house to police since they were older women who lived alone and didn`t want to be targeted if there were repercussions. One woman said the occupants also had a prostitution business (multiple streams of income!) operating in a dilapidated bus in the back yard. I did not know about either the drugs or the tricks because while the neighbours appeared a tad unsavory, all was quiet whenever I checked on my property.

I talked to an EPS patrol constable who directed me to call a Const. Ruskin at North Division. It is her job to oversee putting drug houses in the district out of business.

Apparently she`s very good at her job because a couple of weeks later the house is now vacant, the landlord is hauling away a mountain of garbage and the bawdy bus looks like it`s getting ready to be towed away.

If you have a problem house near one of your properties in North Division, I highly recommend you call Const. Ruskin at 426.8100.

Job well done Jay!!

Jason

ProActive

Registered
Good work!

A bawdy bus! How awful!

I came across your post while searching the internet for Montrose neighborhood to see what came up. I`m a REIN member too and am wondering what the Montrose neighborhood is like for investment properties. I live in Vancouver, lived in Edmonton for a year about 20 years ago, but am not famliar with Montrose. Can you offer any advice about investing in this neighborhood?

Thanks

Dawn

Top Bottom