Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Smart Phone Apps

Ziemer

Registered
Hi Guys,

Not sure if there is a thread out there or not but what are some good useable smart phone applications? I have a blackberry, but there is also the iphone as well as the newer android system.

REIN would probaly do well with something like this.

Interested to see your picks.

Evan

REINteam

Registered
QUOTE (Ziemer @ Jul 13 2010, 08:04 PM) Hi Guys,

Not sure if there is a thread out there or not but what are some good useable smart phone applications? I have a blackberry, but there is also the iphone as well as the newer android system.

REIN would probaly do well with something like this.

Interested to see your picks.

Evan

Hey Evan,

My personal picks for Blackberry apps would have to be Google Maps (works almost flawlessly compared to the standard GPS that comes with the handset), the RIM registered Twitter for Blackberry, and the updated Weather Network app which can support up to 10 saved cities for weather forecast.

Another cool app that I`ve just discovered is called WhatsApp? It allows Blackberry users to connect with iPhone users on the same level as Blackberry Messenger. I`m not entirely sure how this is done, but it works and is a pretty handy tool to link up with friends that are on an iPhone and don`t have BBM.

Hope these spark your interest, and let us know what apps you have tried and would recommend!

ejplimley

Registered
My favorite app for the iPhone is "Property Evaluator." Lets you run tons of different scenarios and figures out cash flow, mortgage pay, down ect. Gives you really get a good idea of how the property will perform. Then you can print it off and give it as a JV presentation. EJ

PropertySolution

Registered
I have an iPhone and there are just way to many apps for me to go through, so I turn on my Sirius Radio (70s on 7) and play Yatzee LOL

markl

Registered
My Favorite app is the mortgage calculator.

I use it all the time to analyze properties on the fly.

NickDavis

REIN Member
I have a Blackberry and absolutely hate the text messaging (it looks like emails, so it`s hard to follow a conversation.) I have found a new app - Crunch SMS that displays text messages exactly the same as the bubbles on the iPhone. It`s a must have and it`s free!

mponte

Registered
One of my favorite apps to keep track of your daily, weekly, monthly tasks is 2 Do.

It`s really a To Do List and sync`s with Outlook. Great features and graphics.

cmattric

REIN Member
My Favorite one is called "Role Call Task". It allows you to track tasks, you can create categories such as personal, business, bills. It integrates with blackberry calendar.

DaveL

Registered
Came across a really sweet app called Cam Scanner. It`s free and does an incredible job of turning your iphone camera into a portable scanner. It`s simple to use and works awesome for scanning your receipts when you are on the go.

RobMacdonald

Registered
I`ve got 2 favourites for my iphone.

The HP 10B II app for $4.99. Now have no need to carry around my mortgage calculator.

The second is a free app and is amazing. It`s calle Key Ring Rewards. You can scan in all your points collector cards and then when you check out at a cashier, you call up the card and the upc symbol is on the iphone. The cashier and just scan your iphone. So I`ve added in Aeroplan, Air Miles, Save On, HBC, Shopper`s Optimum and every other card that I`ve managed to accumulate.

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
For the Iphone, I really like Property Evaluator - I can send property details directly to clients and partners on the fly.

Property Manager is great for keeping track of properties, tenants, and issuing work orders to my handyman.

Vlingo is excellent for text messaging and emailing in your vehicle with it`s voice recognition.

Top Bottom