sophisticated investor binders

drbigb

REIN Member
Hi, anyone know of someone who would put together my information in an impressive format, possibly using graphic design expertise or a talent/knack for that sort of thing? I would be ready to pay well for a good presentation... I so far have bought 10 properties without an SIB but I need to prepare to raise capital/JVs in a more professional manner and leverage my new upcoming brand-name...

Any ideas, leads direction? Sample presentations/binders other than in the REIN binder? Maybe I could stage a contest and offer prizes,
ha,ha... There must be some impressive binders in REIN, that stand out from the crowd... Having a full-time job, and no graphic design/, it`s hard for me to gain momentum on my own... Once we have good format/framework, it will be easier to make improvements and progress... What does it take to impress lenders and investors? Is there a certain format they prefer? I do have a story, and reasons to back up my business model... The challenge is presenting that story in the most favorable fame work, with colors attractive to the eye etc. colors also help get the creative right brain going...
No such thing as a dumb idea, let us mastermind!

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (matthew @ Feb 15 2010, 10:44 AM) Hi, anyone know of someone who would put together my information in an impressive format, possibly using graphic design expertise or a talent/knack for that sort of thing? I would be ready to pay well for a good presentation... I so far have bought 10 properties without an SIB but I need to prepare to raise capital/JVs in a more professional manner and leverage my new upcoming brand-name...

Any ideas, leads direction? Sample presentations/binders other than in the REIN binder? Maybe I could stage a contest and offer prizes,
ha,ha... There must be some impressive binders in REIN, that stand out from the crowd... Having a full-time job, and no graphic design/, it`s hard for me to gain momentum on my own... Once we have good format/framework, it will be easier to make improvements and progress... What does it take to impress lenders and investors? Is there a certain format they prefer? I do have a story, and reasons to back up my business model... The challenge is presenting that story in the most favorable fame work, with colors attractive to the eye etc. colors also help get the creative right brain going...

He Mattew,

My solution is to go paperless. Scan everything in and you can update or construct the binder for nop in no time. You may this way even e-mail the darn thing to your lenders. If you want to personalize add in some vacation photos from Photolab. It will look GRRREAT!

jwilbrin

Registered
QUOTE (matthew @ Feb 15 2010, 10:44 AM) Hi, anyone know of someone who would put together my information in an impressive format, possibly using graphic design expertise or a talent/knack for that sort of thing? I would be ready to pay well for a good presentation... I so far have bought 10 properties without an SIB but I need to prepare to raise capital/JVs in a more professional manner and leverage my new upcoming brand-name...

Hi Matthew,

drop me a note with your email address at jwilbrin[at]shaw.ca and I can forward you information on affordable professional corporate/personal identity packages which include logo design; promotional material design; educational & business/investment presentations and professional web design packages.

drbigb

REIN Member
QUOTE (jwilbrin @ Feb 15 2010, 10:16 PM) Hi Matthew,

drop me a note with your email address at jwilbrin[at]shaw.ca and I can forward you information on affordable professional corporate/personal identity packages which include logo design; promotional material design; educational & business/investment presentations and professional web design packages.

Thanku! Anyone can email me with tips or links at [email protected].

JoeRagona

Registered
Matthew,

I agree with going paperless also. What you should do is invest in Adobe Acrobat Pro which allows you to `create` a portfolio in an impressive electronic document. This is how I`ve done it while allowing me to update the binder on a monthly basis with all the new documentation.

The major selling point of this is the information DOES NOT have to be in PDF format. So as example, my cover letter written in Word is retained in the original format within the binder. This will let me edit the letter for future distribution of the binder.

There are preset layouts and this makes it much easier to distribute. The lender DOES NOT have to have acrobat pro to view either, just Adobe Reader which 99% of users have installed on their machines.

Hope this helps.

(BTW, this is how I organize my taxes - receipts also - the accountant received an electronic `binder` separated with proper folders for each category and/or properties while I keep all paper copies safe and sound.)

Gen1GT

Registered
I highly recommend Open Office. You can create any sort of document, including Microsoft Office documents, then export as pdf`s at the click of a button. And it`s free to boot!

drbigb

REIN Member
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Feb 16 2010, 11:24 AM) For easy PDF creation in Windows, you can use Primo PDF. It installs as a printer and lets you create a new PDF file from any program (like MS Office) that can print. Can`t beat the price - FREE.

http://www.primopdf.com/

Thankyou, everyone for your input! Much appreciated... if I offered good money, I could probably align myself with someone who enjoys/is good at putting together presentations... I`m so busy myself, totally inept w/ computers (build a TEAM and let each member focus on what they are good at, right?)
It seems I am better at working with people and building relationships than doing things myself...

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (matthew @ Feb 18 2010, 12:30 AM) Thankyou, everyone for your input! Much appreciated... if I offered good money, I could probably align myself with someone who enjoys/is good at putting together presentations... I`m so busy myself, totally inept w/ computers (build a TEAM and let each member focus on what they are good at, right?)
It seems I am better at working with people and building relationships than doing things myself...

Matthew,

Email me and let me know what it is you need. I will gladly try and help you in anyway I can.

wolstenholme

Registered

Hi, I suggest using 99designs.com. Its great

Gen1GT

Registered
Does anyone have a sample binder/pdf I can look at? I`ve had one mortgage broker ask for one already, but I`m not sure where to start on layout and design. Thanks in advance.

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (Gen1GT @ Feb 23 2010, 06:58 AM) Does anyone have a sample binder/pdf I can look at? I`ve had one mortgage broker ask for one already, but I`m not sure where to start on layout and design. Thanks in advance.

Follow the SIB template you received in your REIN package. If you don`t have the latest one, there is a copy of what to include in the downloads section. I`m not positive which folder, maybe in the banking area.

All I did was follow this template with tabs digitally in Adobe, and viola!

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (matthew @ Feb 15 2010, 12:44 PM) Hi, anyone know of someone who would put together my information in an impressive format, possibly using graphic design expertise or a talent/knack for that sort of thing? I would be ready to pay well for a good presentation... I so far have bought 10 properties without an SIB but I need to prepare to raise capital/JVs in a more professional manner and leverage my new upcoming brand-name...

I don`t really think you would need something pretty, just the REIN stuff is fine...you would be surprised that how many lenders are surprised you have your t4`s, pay stubs and NOA ready. Just do the basic and save the cash by buying your broker a coffee

drbigb

REIN Member
QUOTE (BrianPersaud @ Feb 23 2010, 09:42 AM) I don`t really think you would need something pretty, just the REIN stuff is fine...you would be surprised that how many lenders are surprised you have your t4`s, pay stubs and NOA ready. Just do the basic and save the cash by buying your broker a coffee

Thankyou for all your input... as REIN members, we have an edge, but we will need every advantage we can get to keep the lenders on our side...

To have a good, sound business model/story, and then to communicate that story with the look of an experienced professional is key.

The graphic design/branding/marketing field is huge. As Don says, treat it like a business. If you can market, you can do anything... though your numbers are your foundation.

If we use our right brains to create a brand.. we can stand out from the crowd, and control how we are perceived by our target customer.

This is a field by itself, and how to navigate it is what I`d like to learn... though I`m green...

Any tips, perspective, links, no such thing as a dumb idea.. Thanks again for your contributions!