Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Starting my own FSBO company

Singh

Registered
<P>Hi Guys,</P><P>I was planning on starting my own FSBO company, any suggestions that you may have?<BR>What do you feel would assist you in selling your home quicker?<BR>-Free virtual tours?<BR></P><P>-Free text messaging options?</P><P></P><P>I am looking to do it as a student project.</P><P><BR>Singh</P>

MonteDobson

Registered
QUOTE (Singh @ Mar 5 2009, 09:51 AM) I was planning on starting my own FSBO company, any suggestions that you may have?
Good morning,

I also explored this option a while back and opted against it for a number of reasons, most of which is the lack of MLS presence.

More discussion on this topic at http://www.myreinspace.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=41553

mcgregok

Registered
If you are going to spend any real money on your business do a gpod business plan. FSBO is a very competitve business. I spent many years brokering a FSBO/MLS business and found sellers want their homes sold first save maony second. Just having an internet business only dosn`t cut it. The advise from a professional realtor is a must and wanted by sellers.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
I note in your sig file that you are "Definitely interested in learning more about real estate". That suggests to me that you know little about the industry.

In four words, "Don`t waste your money!" Part of the reason is outlined above.

I have a 30+ year career in this industry. I have seen numerous FSBO and discount brokers come and go. I do not know of any
FSBO companies that have lasted more than 5 years. I have no idea how long CommFree has been around. I note that the North Shore`s most prolific 1% Percent Realty Realtor is no longer working with 1%. Hmmm. Maybe he made no money recently????

These companies do well in the good times, when all you need to do is turn three times in the front yard to get a ppty sold . But, they do not well when times get tougher, when sellers need expertise and real connections to get the house sold. I have made a prediction that CommFree will be gone within a year... two years at the most.

Top Bottom