Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Starting out thoughts on east coast investment?

Vision106

Registered
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on these forums, I have been reading a lot of books on real estate investing and have been following the public forums on here for a while now, I am excited to learn more each day.

I have not seen much information on east coast investment and would be interested to hear what people think about investing particularly in Nova Scotia. What does everyone think about Halifax with the new shipyard contract?

I have been watching prices in this area and it seems that most real estate is much cheaper when compared to Ontario and Western provinces, and this makes me curious as to why there is not much talk of investing in properties of the east coast?

Thank you for any thoughts or comments you might have.

S

richardkp

REIN Member
Hi

The reason there isn't much talk about the East coast is that there aren't many REIN members out here!

Halifax has extremely strong fundamentals and there are some recent news articles about the ship building contract we won in Oct 11. This is one link to an article in the Chronicle Herald with Don Campbell talking about our future here - in a word - bright!

Here is another post I did detailing what the ship contract will bring to NS

The rental demand will greatly increase over 2012 and into the years after. Prices are cheaper but there are also properties and areas that you don't want to go anywhere near!

If you are thinking of investing here you need to know the specific areas that do stack up and make sense to sophisticated investors not speculators.

Average price in the Halifax/Dartmouth area is $260,000 and vacancy is 2.9%!!! And it is going to go lower which mean increased rents and we have no government interference on the amount of rent you can charge. We have a "free" market determining rents :)

I have switched from looking at Hamilton (which by the way I still love as an investment town) to concentrating on Halifax as it is going to be a fantastic market 2012 into 2013. If you want to know more about Halifax you can go to our website and get a free Halifax report that will go into more detail about the changes we are going to see.

Vision106

Registered
Thanks for your reply and the extra the links to more information. It does make sense that not much talk is happening because not many rein people are out this way.

Thanks again for your reply.

S

richardkp

REIN Member
This talk is all going to change soon though!

Let me know if you want to know anymore about the HRM area and you can email me by clicking on the signature below.

More than happy to share what I know and get people fired up to invest in an massive opportunity we have here :)

MrHamilton

Registered
Gee Rich,

It sure seems you know a lot about what's going on in Halifax. It's like you should have a blog or something.

Cheers,

E

richardkp

REIN Member
My good friend Erwin,

We have a blog going on and people can access it here! We also have a free report that prople can download as well on Halifax on the landing page of our website.

Also watch out for the March REIN Ontario meeting as I will be there to live out one aspect of my belieze!!

The REIN team have very kindly allowed me some time to come and say what will make Halifax investors extremely happy during 2012 and beyond.

There is also some major changes coming to me personally as well!! Oh the excitement ;)

Maybe it's time to get that Halifax Mooseheads hockey shirt!!!!!

Drew Melnick

REIN Member
I was actually thinking the same thing. It seems like Atlantic Canada (Population 2.3+ million) often gets overlooked by the REIN network. There is analysis done for the rest of Canada. But it would be really nice to see a Top 5 Atlantic Canadian towns to invest in. Lots of talk about Halifax right now, but what about the smaller centers. Charlottetown, Moncton, St. Johns, etc. Because it is very easy to find positive cash-flow in these areas.

manojsingh

Registered
Hi Drew, Richard will be your contact person. Please call him . I am taking his help in Halifax properties. He is also coming to Toronto in March REIN meeting. But take atleast three month to get all inforamtion before put your money.

richardkp

REIN Member
Thanks for the kind comments Manoj! Means a lot coming from you.

If anyone wants to know more about Halifax and the surrounding areas then feel free to email me [email protected] or you can PM me and we can setup a call.

It is great to see Halifax and the Maritimes getting some real exposure as a fantastic investment oportunity! I can see why REIN can't do all the research on us so I do it all instead!!

Top Bottom