Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Suggestions for reliable washer/dryer, fridge, stove models?

surfermoe

Registered
My wife and I are looking for the most cost-effective (i.e. cheap) appliances for our first rental. We`re looking for a brand/model that has the best durability for the price.

Can anyone suggest a good make of washer/dryer, fridge, and/or stove?

Thanks a lot,

Moe

P.S. The unit we`re outfitting has 4 bedrooms, and the washer/dryer will be in the basement (so they don`t have to be compact).

housingrental

Registered
Generally I go for cheapest ones at future shop... if you can find a new stove for <$300 I`m not too concerned if it lasts twenty years less than the one that`s a a few hundred more...Also general rule is simpler the appliance the less it breaks down and cheaper to fix...

invst4profit

Registered
I normally would buy reasonably new/used appliances through the want adds or appliance repair shops.
You can usually get 2-3 year old matched sets for half or less of new price.

rymac

REIN Member
Go scratch and dent. You`ll save a bundle, I got a stove and compact stacker front loading washer/dryer for $1000. Work beautifully.

bizaro86

Registered
Don`t be afraid to negotiate. My wife got $200 off the sticker price at Coast wholesale appliances on stove, and then took the quote to a local place and they beat it by another $25. (She would have taken the quote, but they didn`t have any instock.)

You don`t get unless you ask.

Also, re your stove/range, I would consider a self-cleaning one. They cost a little more, but if you`re planning to clean the units between tenants yourself, you`ll be greatful that you did.

Michael

BrianPulis

Registered
Sears outlets stores provide great discounts on scratch and dent models. I have put several in my units at a very low price.

Nir

REIN Member
QUOTE (bizaro86 @ May 11 2009, 03:31 PM) Don`t be afraid to negotiate. My wife got $200 off the sticker price at Coast wholesale appliances on stove, and then took the quote to a local place and they beat it by another $25. (She would have taken the quote, but they didn`t have any instock.)

You don`t get unless you ask.

Also, re your stove/range, I would consider a self-cleaning one. They cost a little more, but if you`re planning to clean the units between tenants yourself, you`ll be greatful that you did.

Michael

don`t buy self cleaning ones! do you want your tenants to use the cleaning function on a weekly or daily basis doubling your hydro bills just for the purpose of working an hour less when they leave after say 2 years!?

Whirlpool Roper stove at Future shop is Great! around $300 new!

bizaro86

Registered
QUOTE (investmart @ May 11 2009, 10:19 PM) don`t buy self cleaning ones! do you want your tenants to use the cleaning function on a weekly or daily basis doubling your hydro bills just for the purpose of working an hour less when they leave after say 2 years!?

If they want to use the self clean every day that`s fine with me, since they pay for the electricity. In a situation where you`re paying for the electricty/hydro, I can see how you wouldn`t want that particular bill at your doorstep.

Michael

Nir

REIN Member
QUOTE (bizaro86 @ May 12 2009, 09:32 AM) If they want to use the self clean every day that`s fine with me, since they pay for the electricity. In a situation where you`re paying for the electricty/hydro, I can see how you wouldn`t want that particular bill at your doorstep.

Michael

Yes, Good point Michael.

Top Bottom