Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Suggestions on Garage Rental

rbrost

Registered
RE: Thoughts on renting out a double detached garage, websites to use and time of year

I`ve got a really nice, clean, secure, double detached garage in S.E. Calgary (Mackenzie lake) which I listed on Home Rent 30 days ago for $250/mos. storage only on a 12 mos lease.The add contains a very detailed description and 6 photo`s. I`ve had a couple hundred hits on the site however only received one direct call, from a guy who wanted to run a commercial operation, so naturally this did not work out for us. My question is two fold, (1) suggestions on alternate sites and or newsprint I might consider to increase my chance of rental (2) thoughts on timing of such adds, I stated this add mid Feb/08, when`s the best time of year to run garage rental adds conversely when should I not?[/size] Thanks in advance for your feedback.

RegardsRick Brost
[email protected]

dwb

Registered
QUOTE (rbrost @ Mar 16 2008, 12:29 PM) RE: Thoughts on renting out a double detached garage, websites to use and time of year

I`ve got a really nice, clean, secure, double detached garage in S.E. Calgary (Mackenzie lake) which I listed on Home Rent 30 days ago for $250/mos. storage only on a 12 mos lease.The add contains a very detailed description and 6 photo`s. I`ve had a couple hundred hits on the site however only received one direct call, from a guy who wanted to run a commercial operation, so naturally this did not work out for us. My question is two fold, (1) suggestions on alternate sites and or newsprint I might consider to increase my chance of rental (2) thoughts on timing of such adds, I stated this add mid Feb/08, when`s the best time of year to run garage rental adds conversely when should I not?[/size] Thanks in advance for your feedback.[/size]

RegardsRick Brost
[email protected]

Hi Rick,

Try Kijiji or craigslist. They are pretty good.

Lastly, if you`ve had that many hits but no serious interest, maybe that`s a sign that you may need to lower the rent? Maybe drop the rent to $200 and you could spark some more serious interest.

samwei

Registered
QUOTE (rbrost @ Mar 16 2008, 10:29 AM) RE: Thoughts on renting out a double detached garage, websites to use and time of year

I`ve got a really nice, clean, secure, double detached garage in S.E. Calgary (Mackenzie lake) which I listed on Home Rent 30 days ago for $250/mos. storage only on a 12 mos lease.The add contains a very detailed description and 6 photo`s. I`ve had a couple hundred hits on the site however only received one direct call, from a guy who wanted to run a commercial operation, so naturally this did not work out for us. My question is two fold, (1) suggestions on alternate sites and or newsprint I might consider to increase my chance of rental (2) thoughts on timing of such adds, I stated this add mid Feb/08, when`s the best time of year to run garage rental adds conversely when should I not?[/size] Thanks in advance for your feedback.[/size]

RegardsRick Brost
[email protected]

You can try Rentboard.ca. I`ve had good results with this site re: rental of suites. I don`t really know about garages. You can probably experiment with a lower rent, say, $225, and if that doesn`t work, then perhaps $200. Good luck.

GarthChapman

Registered
Try www.rentfaster.ca We use them exclusively - with very good results. Others are Kiji and Craig`s List.

And I`ll bet you would find some good marketing ideas in the REIN Solid Gold Marketing materials.

Hope that helps,

Top Bottom