Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Surfing

AndreiAngelkovski

REIN Member
My name is Andrei Angelkovski and about a month ago I achieved a portion of my personal belize which was to surf with "surfer dudes" in Hawaii, but in this case we weren`t in Hawaii. I went to Mrytle Beach South Carolina with my girlfriend Mary and took the challenge to learn how to surf. We walked into a clothing store along the coast and I met a professional "surfer dude" and he was willing to teach me how to surf at a remote location where surfers go and ride the waves.

So Mary and I woke up at sunrise and drove off to this remote location. As soon as we arrived and parked the car, we anxiously ran up toward the beach to see what I was getting myself into. I was in awe
style_emoticons
. I saw surfers being one with the ocean, I saw surfers wipe out, I saw surfers letting go and living life the way I wanted to live by the sea. What a feeling it was to observe this scene. It was then that I started to get butterflies in my stomach realizing that I was about to experience the same thing.

I heard my name being called in the distance and it was my teacher "surfer dude" ready with my huge surf board. He spoke a few instructions which I totally did not pay attention to because I was still trying to figure out in my mind how in the world I was to surf on that massive surf board
style_emoticons

Before I knew it we were both in the water paddling out towards sea. We turned around and I waited for his signal. "NOW NOw NOW" he yelled as I paddled my arms like a mad man. The surf caught the board and I quickly wiped out and swallowed a gallon of salt water which didn`t make things any better at the time
style_emoticons
. I got myself together after a few more waves crashed over my head and paddled my way out to sea again for my next attempt.

As I prepared for my next attempt, the "surfer dude" told me to just relax and to be one with the ocean. At that moment I realized I was actually doing what I`ve always wanted to do my whole life. I was living my dream. The perfect wave approached and I paddled real hard again and I caught the wave and got up on my feet. The speed at which I was riding was faster than I ever imagined it could be. The water was crashing all around me but I was still ahead. The feeling was incredible. It felt as though time did not exist, as though there was no sound in the world, as though there was just the ocean and I having fun together
style_emoticons

A feeling and experience I will always remember...

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Wow,

Reading your story was like actually being there. OBVIOUSLY that day had a huge impact on you. Congratulations on having the dream and then running towards it.

Life is all about experiences, it is not about winning or losing... I imagine there wasn`t another place in the world you`d rather have been at that moment. Not a lot of people can say that.

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
WOW!!!!

Thnk you so much for that blast! I could actually feel the water, the rush and the nerves if I am honest.

That has really given my a smile and on a Friday and all. Have a great weekend and keep LIVING THAT DREAM.

Great surfing in Ireland by the way!!!

Philip McKernan.

QUOTE (2tray1 @ Sep 26 2007, 09:24 PM) My name is Andrei Angelkovski and about a month ago I achieved a portion of my personal belize which was to surf with "surfer dudes" in Hawaii, but in this case we weren`t in Hawaii. I went to Mrytle Beach South Carolina with my girlfriend Mary and took the challenge to learn how to surf. We walked into a clothing store along the coast and I met a professional "surfer dude" and he was willing to teach me how to surf at a remote location where surfers go and ride the waves.

So Mary and I woke up at sunrise and drove off to this remote location. As soon as we arrived and parked the car, we anxiously ran up toward the beach to see what I was getting myself into. I was in awe
style_emoticons
. I saw surfers being one with the ocean, I saw surfers wipe out, I saw surfers letting go and living life the way I wanted to live by the sea. What a feeling it was to observe this scene. It was then that I started to get butterflies in my stomach realizing that I was about to experience the same thing.

I heard my name being called in the distance and it was my teacher "surfer dude" ready with my huge surf board. He spoke a few instructions which I totally did not pay attention to because I was still trying to figure out in my mind how in the world I was to surf on that massive surf board
style_emoticons

Before I knew it we were both in the water paddling out towards sea. We turned around and I waited for his signal. "NOW NOw NOW" he yelled as I paddled my arms like a mad man. The surf caught the board and I quickly wiped out and swallowed a gallon of salt water which didn`t make things any better at the time
style_emoticons
. I got myself together after a few more waves crashed over my head and paddled my way out to sea again for my next attempt.

As I prepared for my next attempt, the "surfer dude" told me to just relax and to be one with the ocean. At that moment I realized I was actually doing what I`ve always wanted to do my whole life. I was living my dream. The perfect wave approached and I paddled real hard again and I caught the wave and got up on my feet. The speed at which I was riding was faster than I ever imagined it could be. The water was crashing all around me but I was still ahead. The feeling was incredible. It felt as though time did not exist, as though there was no sound in the world, as though there was just the ocean and I having fun together
style_emoticons

A feeling and experience I will always remember...

PhilipHauck

Registered
style_emoticons
I love water (warm) as well. My kids want to try surfing some day and I hope with the help of my rea; estate investments they will be experiencing what you have...
style_emoticons

Philip Hauck

Top Bottom