Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant background checking service

Dejavu

Registered
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could recommend a tenant background checking service. I have been using my mortgage broker for credit checks before but he happens to be away at the time when I need to run a check on a prospective tenant.

On a related note, what other checks in addition to the credit check (eviction, criminal etc) do you do and what service do you use?

Many thank!

invst4profit

Registered
I use- checkfirstonline.com for credit checks.
I also do an extensive back ground check myself. I call there references, employer, previous landlords.
I drive by where they live and check out the condition of the place, I also talk to neighbours if possible. I find reasons to contact them several times fishing for information before approval.
Usually I know a lot about the personality of the person before ever approving a new tenant.

David90

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
I use RentCheck credit bureau. They have several options too choose from depending on how much detail you want. You can choose to do a tenant check and/or Transunion credit check and/or Equifax credit check. You can also add more options like fraud detection, beacon score and more.

There should be some information about it in your Quickstart manual. You can also check them out online at www.rentcheckcorp.com.

Good Luck,
David

teyamie

Registered
I use www.tenantverification.com
They are very similar to www.rentcheckcorp.com

And like invst4profit said, your own due diligence can go a long way.

Top Bottom