Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tenant from oversea

Zacher

Registered
HI

We have had an inquire from a tenant from Haiti. Beside the regular rental applications, is their anything else that we should be asking this person. They want to rent, unseen because they are arriving in edmonton July 10 and do not want to hotel. We have told this potential tenant that we must meet, face to face first, as well as review the rental application for references.

Has anyone had any experience they can offer.

invst4profit

Registered
Get more details.
Chances are it is a scam.
Think about it, what they are suggesting is not logical.
Next thing they will suggest is sending a bank draft for one years rent plus some extra that they want you to forward to someone else.

dobiso

Registered
I`ve seen many scams especially from international applicants. I even went as far as them sending me a Certified Cheque.... of course I never cashed it. They wanted me to cash it and give half of it to there travel agent who is arranging there airline. They wanted my HELP....lol! Preying on human emotions to SCAM people. The even used alot of big words to describe there job like MEDICAL RESEARCH. They also mentioned that there mother recently died of cancer....lol. They also had someone call my house, there agent. I can`t believe people still fall for this.

Anyways, I can pretty much spot scams based on those. So if you kindly post there email here so we can take a look.

invst4profit

Registered
Yea. Let us have his e-mail and we can all have some fun with him (after we confirm he is a scammer).

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (Zacher @ Jun 25 2008, 10:40 AM) HI

We have had an inquire from a tenant from Haiti. Beside the regular rental applications, is their anything else that we should be asking this person. They want to rent, unseen because they are arriving in edmonton July 10 and do not want to hotel. We have told this potential tenant that we must meet, face to face first, as well as review the rental application for references.

Has anyone had any experience they can offer.
likely a scam .. but not necessarily ... have them WIRE you a 1st month deposit and a one month rent .. then rent a month to them .. and check them out when they are here !

Top Bottom