Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant issue

GedeonEmbaye

REIN Member
Hello REIN members,

I am a rocky and I fail to do a due diligence that I learn at REIN. A tenant fail to pay lat month rent and I just found out last night they left the premises. I guess the positive way of looking at is I didn’t have to go through eviction.

This issue has been discussed in the forms and I wish I read before. I know in the forms says fix the damages and move on and Garth Chapman been very help full on guiding me to all the information and thank you Garth. M question is I know I am not going to get any money from the tenants but I like to go after their credit. How do I do that?

Also can anyone recommend an excellent Prosperity management in Calgary? And how much does it cost?

Please help
Thank you Gedeon Embaye

TodorYordanov

Registered
You can`t go after their credit without spending some more of your money first. I am not sure if you can go after their credit at all.
Move on.
And do your due diligence. Think about it - why did you join REIN if you are not going to follow the system?

On the bright side you only lost a month`s rent, it could`ve been much worse.

Good luck.

Todor

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
Sometimes it is better to pay for a lesson learned through experience Gedeon, than it is to worry about chasing a dead beat. I suggest it will not be worth the aggravation you will go through to chase this guy, in any way.

Put your efforts into getting new and better tenants, and learn from the experience. Almost everyone here has gone through some sort of similar trial with tenants.

Jack

Registered
QUOTE M question is I know I am not going to get any money from the tenants but I like to go after their credit. How do I do that?

Waste
of time. I admire your "eye for an eye" attitude, and if you ever see them in person again it`d be great to be able to somehow degrade or humiliate them, but the people have already left - they`re gone! So forget about `em. Find some better tenants - there`s nothing like good tenants

In fact, although I`m easily the most hated person on these message boards, I got an invite today to a turkey dinner at my tenants` place (technically my place - you get the point) next Tuesday. They also happen to be a couple of cute 24 year-old U of C students
. Think I`ll be going to that one?

Be friends with your tenants - "landlord" has such an inherently negative connotation. I know I sure plan on being "friendly" with mine on Tuesday...

DOZAH

Registered
QUOTE (Jack @ Dec 2 2008, 07:08 PM) Waste of time. I admire your "eye for an eye" attitude, and if you ever see them in person again it`d be great to be able to somehow degrade or humiliate them, but the people have already left - they`re gone! So forget about `em. Find some better tenants - there`s nothing like good tenants

In fact, although I`m easily the most hated person on these message boards, I got an invite today to a turkey dinner at my tenants` place (technically my place - you get the point) next Tuesday. They also happen to be a couple of cute 24 year-old U of C students
. Think I`ll be going to that one?

Be friends with your tenants - "landlord" has such an inherently negative connotation. I know I sure plan on being "friendly" with mine on Tuesday...

haha that a boy!

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
QUOTE (Jack @ Dec 2 2008, 06:08 PM) In fact, although I`m easily the most hated person on these message boards,
Jack you are not hated!!!!
What many of us react to is the negative attitude you often display. It is the attitude we don`t like, not you.

Change the attitude and you will see us changing how we react to you and your posts.

How do I know? Because not that long ago I went around with a chip on my shoulder. I was unable to gain the respect of my peers. Now I recognize that it was with good reason. I needed an attitude change. I needed to earn their respect, and my attitude was getting in the way. I recall the day one of my coworkers told me to smarten up. I have never told her how much I appreciated her words of advice. (Maybe it is time I thank her for being so direct with me.)

invst4profit

Registered
Admit it Jack you like your reputation.
I also went through life with a outwardly negative attitude. I turned it to my advantage by getting involved up to my neck in the union at work. Directed my negativity to the advantage of my co-workers.
I is what I is, as Popeye would say.

GedeonEmbaye

REIN Member
Thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement.
I am cleaning the place up and I will find good tenant for January 2009.

Gedeon

QUOTE (invst4profit @ Dec 3 2008, 06:24 AM) Admit it Jack you like your reputation.
I also went through life with a outwardly negative attitude. I turned it to my advantage by getting involved up to my neck in the union at work. Directed my negativity to the advantage of my co-workers.
I is what I is, as Popeye would say.

Top Bottom