Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant surprised and I did it!

NassirNathoo

Registered
Hi All,

Just closed the property in brampton. first weekend, i met the tenants. it feels great. I went to the tenants prepared:

- basket of goodies - cookies, coffee, mug for both tenants.
- prepared a tenant quick reference document that included:
* my contact
* mission
* couple of rules
* insurance information
* importance of fire safety
* lease they signed
* since they have small kid, i created a 1 km radius with list of all public schools. Tenants really liked this and they did not know about the schools.
* type of company by sector with 1 km radius.

Overall, the comment i got was that they never saw this with previous owner. I did a review of the document page by page.

I am excited about the outcome. Thanks to all that providing feedback on the tenant binder.
I believe we can call this the extra 10% that we do compare to the mass!.

Thanks
Nassir

ZanderRobertson

Registered
Way to go Nassir! I found the Landlording program REIN teaches us to be most valuable too. In fact, it helped me to retain an amazing tenant while still raising his rent to market norm when I acquired his suite.

QUOTE (NassirNathoo @ Mar 6 2009, 09:01 PM) Hi All,

Just closed the property in brampton. first weekend, i met the tenants. it feels great. I went to the tenants prepared:

- basket of goodies - cookies, coffee, mug for both tenants.
- prepared a tenant quick reference document that included:
* my contact
* mission
* couple of rules
* insurance information
* importance of fire safety
* lease they signed
* since they have small kid, i created a 1 km radius with list of all public schools. Tenants really liked this and they did not know about the schools.
* type of company by sector with 1 km radius.

Overall, the comment i got was that they never saw this with previous owner. I did a review of the document page by page.

I am excited about the outcome. Thanks to all that providing feedback on the tenant binder.
I believe we can call this the extra 10% that we do compare to the mass!.

Thanks
Nassir

Kimberly

Registered
Nassir:

The welcome gifts, customer binder and Christmas baskets to name a few things, make us stand above the typical landlords... by miles and miles...With such a customer focus business approach I have had current customers request if I have other rentals when they need to move, as well as find new customers to replace them when they move where I don`t have another rental. My rentals have be left in spotless condition when customers have moved out, with very little work for me to do to turn them around. Respect builds respect.

Where we ask for referrals on rental applications, I also offer referrals from current customers (after asking for their approval) to those customers who are serious contenders for any opening I have. Loyalty and referral business... an important part of any business`s ongoing success.

You are off to a fabulous start to your business!!

Mjay2009

Registered
Congradulations, keep up the great job your doing and much success to you. from a new member

Top Bottom