Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Thembi

Registered
I would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement from the time i joined REIN(august 2008) until now.I had no idea how i was going to buy a rental property and i just felt like joining rein was just a waste of time then.However with the support and information i got here i managed to work hard enough for the past 8 months,pay off some debt,raise some downpayment and buy my property.During this time i basically relied on your posts and rein cd`s since i could barely afford to attend the meetings due to work.Special thanks to Thomas Beyer and Mike McCrae who seemed to incidentally post answers to every question i had.I look forward to buying at least another rental property or 2 with my own money before involving joint ventures so i can learn a bit more.I know Rein suggests 3 properties in the first year but i rather use my own money to learn first and then go from there.Once again thank you everybody-keep posting and wish me luck finding a renter-lol!!!

mponte

Registered
Congratulations! There are so many people that don`t take action and it`s great to hear other REIN members success.

Remember it`s not a race, it`s a journey.

GSI

REIN Member
QUOTE (Thembi @ May 7 2009, 03:00 AM) I would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement from the time i joined REIN(august 2008) until now.I had no idea how i was going to buy a rental property and i just felt like joining rein was just a waste of time then.However with the support and information i got here i managed to work hard enough for the past 8 months,pay off some debt,raise some downpayment and buy my property.During this time i basically relied on your posts and rein cd`s since i could barely afford to attend the meetings due to work.Special thanks to Thomas Beyer and Mike McCrae who seemed to incidentally post answers to every question i had.I look forward to buying at least another rental property or 2 with my own money before involving joint ventures so i can learn a bit more.I know Rein suggests 3 properties in the first year but i rather use my own money to learn first and then go from there.Once again thank you everybody-keep posting and wish me luck finding a renter-lol!!!

Good on you Thembi!

Slow and steady wins the race

Look down the road 5, 10 20+ years.

Using your own capital is an excellent and in my opinion essential way to start - keeps perspective.

KimFranz

REIN Member
Congrats on getting it done and staying focused!! Just by what you have said it is for certain that you will be successful... keep it up!

Kim

easare

Registered
Congratulations Thembi, I am overjoyed to here of your success in buying the first of many properties. Since I met you at the Edmonton ACRES in November I have also been on that slow plod as I line up financing, and work out a system, while working full time at a busy job. I have mad three offers so far, none of which have resulted in a sale, however, each time I have learned something, and gained a little confidence. Soon I hope to join in your success. Buying a property is the beginning, so good luck making your management system work, and finding the next great deal!

terri

Registered
using your own money, if you can, is an excellent way to start. I`m glad that I did it before bringing in JV partners. I think that the first few are a big learning curve and it helps to have completel control.

Don`t worry about rushing out a buying a bunch right away just because other`s did. Do not compare yourself ot others, do what`s right for you. Go at your own pace, take your time and make sure that each property is a good fit for you. Stay focused.

Good luck!

C

CorinneWestcott

Big congratulations to you Thembi! Very happy to hear of your success.
Keep it coming!!

Corinne

ssteckler

REIN Member
QUOTE (Thembi @ May 7 2009, 02:00 AM) I would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement from the time i joined REIN(august 2008) until now.I had no idea how i was going to buy a rental property and i just felt like joining rein was just a waste of time then.However with the support and information i got here i managed to work hard enough for the past 8 months,pay off some debt,raise some downpayment and buy my property.During this time i basically relied on your posts and rein cd`s since i could barely afford to attend the meetings due to work.Special thanks to Thomas Beyer and Mike McCrae who seemed to incidentally post answers to every question i had.I look forward to buying at least another rental property or 2 with my own money before involving joint ventures so i can learn a bit more.I know Rein suggests 3 properties in the first year but i rather use my own money to learn first and then go from there.Once again thank you everybody-keep posting and wish me luck finding a renter-lol!!!

Congratulations on your success Thembi! Just remember it`s not a race, just keep buying at your own pace and you`ll be surprised at your success.

Thembi

Registered
Thanks everybody for the lovely messages.Corinne its so nice to hear from you once again.Elaine am so overjoyed to hear you are good and i hope all is well in Ontario.Hope to see you at the summit

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (Thembi @ May 7 2009, 02:00 AM) I would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement from the time i joined REIN(august 2008) until now.I had no idea how i was going to buy a rental property and i just felt like joining rein was just a waste of time then.However with the support and information i got here i managed to work hard enough for the past 8 months,pay off some debt,raise some downpayment and buy my property.During this time i basically relied on your posts and rein cd`s since i could barely afford to attend the meetings due to work.Special thanks to Thomas Beyer and Mike McCrae who seemed to incidentally post answers to every question i had.I look forward to buying at least another rental property or 2 with my own money before involving joint ventures so i can learn a bit more.I know Rein suggests 3 properties in the first year but i rather use my own money to learn first and then go from there.Once again thank you everybody-keep posting and wish me luck finding a renter-lol!!!

Achieving big goals takes tenacity and focus - and you clearly have both. Well done!

P.S. I love the quote following your signature. Studying history years ago I remember learning how Alexander The Great, with his army tired and wanting to go home to Macedonia after years of conquering lands all over the known world, burned all their boats as they crossed a river into India. And his army did indeed take India. They had nowhere to go but on. He ruled the largest empire in all history up to his time, and died before he was forty - I think the story goes that one of his wives poisoned him...

Top Bottom