Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The fall of an Empire?

timk519

Registered
Why wouldn`t you invest in a commodity that`s had the kind of returns that gold, silver, and other precious metals have since 2000?

EdRenkema

Registered
I would probly do just that if I had excess cashflow but currently I`m focusing on following a proven system (REIN) and building my RE portfolio because it is an investment that I have control over and creates cashflow, builds equity, has favourable tax implications, and trememdous leverage. In today`s Canadian RE market I feel we are presented with an unpresidented buying opportunity due to current interest rates, the strength of the Candaian economy, and the fundamentals presented by key areas of Canada to invest in. I think RK would agree however I can`t speak for him, I can for other RE investors in Canada at this time.

Ed R

joewood

Registered
1.) Kiyosaki is oversimplistic in many of his arguments. I enjoyed Rich Dad Poor Dad, but he has a tendency to go on diatribes and confuse financial planning with conservative rhetoric (e.g. taxation`s only potential outcome is generating poverty)

2.) America is not Canada. Separate (although admittedly heavily connected) economies. Different fundamentals. Their bubble is bursting. The only real bubbles in Canada are on the oilfields and in certain CMAs, e.g. Vancouver. There are areas of major regional strength.

Top Bottom