Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The World in Spring 2010

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (CandRAnderson @ May 15 2008, 07:11 PM) Thomas, you seem very knowledgeable and I believe I can respect your opinion and trust your honesty. So, if you have any opinion on what we may expect from Prince George, I would very much appreciate your honest and well-thought-out posting on that as well. What do you think we can expect to happen in the next few years in the City of Prince George?
Enthusiastically yours,
C and R Anderson

I think the following on Prince Rupert, without being an EXPERT .. hence a poorly researched OPINION PIECE ONLY !!
a ) it rains a lot .. and weather is bad 6-8 months of the year .. wet / cold ..
b ) it is in the middle of nowhere .. 2000km from the next big city like Vancouver or Edmonton
c ) it is far north
d ) it will have a harbor with a container terminal and railway to Edmonton for NA wide shipping .. and that will be 2 days shorter to ship containers to Asia
e ) it will therefore, especially during port construction / railway terminal expansion, have some decent economic growth, but nothing spectacular due to remoteness
f ) forestry is volatile, was volatile and will remain volatile .. so all bets are on "the harbor"

It may be an OK .. but never a great market as it is small and volatile .. with the right going-in price and TOUGH LOVE property management it might be OK .. proceed with caution .. and don`t overpay .. AND have a property manager in place before you waive condition .. ensure they can deliver what they tell you .. perhaps manage yourself (although generally I don`t recommend that) if you live there if this is what you enjoy doing ..

francisheng

Registered
Not before the Canucks FINALLY have a name on the cup...! Haha...Sorry had too TOO.

QUOTE (Zee1960 @ Apr 21 2008, 09:20 PM) The Flames have their name on the cup.

Sorry - had to, haha.

SBudd

Registered
Lots of good info. Thanks Thomas and others for the input.
What are your thoughts on the okanagan? We may have an opportunity in Penticton?
Go Canucks.....

wgraham

REIN Member
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ May 17 2008, 04:06 PM) I think the following on Prince George, without being an EXPERT .. hence a poorly researched OPINION PIECE ONLY !!
a ) it rains a lot .. and weather is bad 6-8 months of the year .. wet / cold ..
b ) it is in the middle of nowhere .. 2000km from the next big city like Vancouver or Edmonton
c ) it is far north
d ) it will have a harbor with a container terminal and railway to Edmonton for NA wide shipping .. and that will be 2 days shorter to ship containers to Asia
e ) it will therefore, especially during port construction / railway terminal expansion, have some decent economic growth, but nothing spectacular due to remoteness
f ) forestry is volatile, was volatile and will remain volatile .. so all bets are on "the harbor"

It may be an OK .. but never a great market as it is small and volatile .. with the right going-in price and TOUGH LOVE property management it might be OK .. proceed with caution .. and don`t overpay .. AND have a property manager in place before you waive condition .. ensure they can deliver what they tell you .. perhaps manage yourself (although generally I don`t recommend that) if you live there if this is what you enjoy doing ..

Thomas,

I think you are talking about Prince Rupert not Prince George.....unless global warming is taking affect a lot quicker than most anticipated
style_emoticons
in which case it would probably be an improvement for good old PG
style_emoticons

W

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (wgraham @ May 19 2008, 03:53 PM) Thomas,

I think you are talking about Prince Rupert not Prince George.....unless global warming is taking affect a lot quicker than most anticipated
style_emoticons
in which case it would probably be an improvement for good old PG
style_emoticons

W

correct .. Prince Rupert .. sorry .. I have no opinion on Prince George as I have done no research on it .. what is there besides (ailing, cyclical) forest industry and some minor, seasonal tourism ?

Is there oil and gas development nearby ? What is the main reason people would move there ?

SamEfford

Registered
If NW means Newfoundland, I think that there is alot of potential for the area, if the government ever steps aside and let the oil companies handle their business. However it may be too late, as once the government gets their hand in something, it usually taints the pot for many many years to come.

ariavivi

REIN Member
The government signed a Memo of Understanding with oil companyies last Aug, which stimulated the real state market there somehow. Not sure how real, and how soon the project would start up

LeighF

Registered
Thomas
Are you going to attend the Calgary Quickstart? Hope so, I would like to meet you and everyone else.
See you there!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (Turtleford63 @ May 20 2008, 08:56 PM)
Thomas

Are you going to attend the Calgary Quickstart? Hope so, I would like to meet you and everyone else.

See you there!

I go once in a while ..

why not drop by in Canmore .. and let's do coffee .. or lunch ..

Top Bottom