Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thoughts, opinions?

MarkLabrosse

Registered
Hi All,

Just looking for some beta on Ogden. Thoughts, comments, opinions, things to look out for, caveats AND
positive things too (sorry Jack). I`m looking at my first Calgary prop. Suited up/dn good cashflow etc.
Haven`t looked at too much in Calgary so wondering if I can do better. I can post `the numbers`.

Thanks,

RogerPanchuk

Registered
QUOTE (MarkLabrosse @ Dec 6 2008, 04:30 PM) Hi All,

Just looking for some beta on Ogden. Thoughts, comments, opinions, things to look out for, caveats AND
positive things too (sorry Jack). I`m looking at my first Calgary prop. Suited up/dn good cashflow etc.
Haven`t looked at too much in Calgary so wondering if I can do better. I can post `the numbers`.

Thanks,

I think Ogden is a great area for rental and future value increases.Ogden is a popular area with the workers in the south industrial parks, its an easy commute to work for many. There are some great streets in Ogden and some pockets of junk. Make sure you look around and buy in the better sections.

Roger

DaveRhydderch

Registered
My concern with Ogden still relates to the Imperial Oil Fisco. It still carries negative beliefs amongst some people. However, in time this may be forgotten about.

wealthyboomer

Registered
QUOTE (DaveRhydderch @ Dec 8 2008, 01:07 PM) My concern with Ogden still relates to the Imperial Oil Fisco. It still carries negative beliefs amongst some people. However, in time this may be forgotten about.

Although there is still the current Trichloroethylene contamination Lawsuit against CP Rail. The supposed properties affected are within the boundaries of 72nd Avenue SE (as the north boundary of the area), to the CPR’s property line adjacent to Ogden Road SE (as the east boundary of the area), to 76 Avenue SE (as the south boundary), to 20th Street SE going north to the base of what is known as Lynwood Ridge SE (as the west boundary- 20th Street SE to 74 Avenue SE to 72 Avenue SE).

Top Bottom