Time to invest in real estate?

navaz

Registered
Nov 12, 2007
Burnaby BC
Understand that there are no perfect buying or selling opportunities -there are pro`s and cons. In addtion there are cross border taxation issues. Take a look at the fundamentals -is the population growing? are new jobs being created? are people`s earning going up? are companies investing? what is your objective and time frame? If all those line up -yes then there may be a buying opportunity, if not it is not!

sweetpear

Registered
Jan 7, 2008
www.blueglue.ca
Thanks for the inputs. But I guess I am still lost as I was... So, if I want to invest in real estate, where should I look? One thought is, I am thinking about living in Vancouver after I retire (in 15-20 yrs). so maybe buying a condo over there?

GarthChapman

Registered
Aug 30, 2007
Suggest you read Don Campbell`s book, then set some goals and begin from there.

Real Estate Investing in Canada: Creating Wealth with the ACRE System by Don Campbell
http://www.amazon.ca/Real-Estate-Investing...9115&sr=8-1

By the way, buying in the US creates a whole new set of complications. If you decide to do that send me a PM and I will recommend a book for you to read first.

Hope that helps get you started,

KevinSolomon

Registered
May 19, 2014
[quote user=sweetpear]Because of the better exchange rate with USD and price drop, it seems better to buy in the States, right?

Yup!