Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tips on closing a sale

DrSheaus

Registered
I am seeking tips on ways to close a real estate deal. It seems to be one of my weaker areas, so naturally I want to turn this into a strength.

Are there any particular scripts, phrases or techniques that help you achieve more closed ends than other agents?
What works for you? And why do you feel it works for you?

RedlineBrett

Registered
More specifics are needed here... Are you just trying to get an offer accepted? What kind of offer is it? all cash? VTB? On what kind of property? terms?

QUOTE (DrSheaus @ Jul 2 2008, 08:48 AM) I am seeking tips on ways to close a real estate deal. It seems to be one of my weaker areas, so naturally I want to turn this into a strength.

Are there any particular scripts, phrases or techniques that help you achieve more closed ends than other agents?
What works for you? And why do you feel it works for you?

DrSheaus

Registered
This isn`t for a specific deal; it`s just a general question.
I am a rookie realtor and going through a self-evaluation and it has been found that closing deals may not be my strong suit so I have been recommended to:
"You should seek to improve closing skills by learning how to confidently ask for commitment and to complete transactions more effectively. Practicing closing scripts can help you deal more easily with remaining resistance and “last minute” reluctance on the part of the client to make a decision."

So I`m really just looking for general things people typically say and the strategies behind those phrases to achieve more closed ends.

ccameron

Registered
QUOTE (DrSheaus @ Jul 2 2008, 12:10 PM) This isn`t for a specific deal; it`s just a general question.
I am a rookie realtor and going through a self-evaluation and it has been found that closing deals may not be my strong suit so I have been recommended to:
"You should seek to improve closing skills by learning how to confidently ask for commitment and to complete transactions more effectively. Practicing closing scripts can help you deal more easily with remaining resistance and "last minute" reluctance on the part of the client to make a decision."

So I`m really just looking for general things people typically say and the strategies behind those phrases to achieve more closed ends.

As a relatively new real estate investor, I know what helps my agent close deals for me. She acts quickly, ie. If I express intrest to her on putting in an offer on a particular property she will have the offer drawn up asap and gets the ball rolling fast!!! Sometimes too fast for my liking but good for her! Then she is available for consult when those `last minute reluctant thoughts` kick in. She remains encouraging and positive and helps to reduce anxious feelings that I may have from time to time. I have found that if given too much time to wallow in thought the tendancy may be to get frozen and not act at all. Hope that helps a little! I hope to get my real estate lic. soon as well. This is an absolutely priceless forum for information. All the best to you!

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
If you could provide a little more detail or perhaps written example I would be happy to provide some suggestions.

The close starts the moment you get out of bed and decide what to think, what clothes to put on, how to walk and what is going opn around you as its all down to your personal confidence.

Your self worth will determine your actual commercial worth.

Top Bottom