Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Top Washer and Dryer Brand?

gatsby

Registered
Hi guys,

I need to buy a used washer and dryer and was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction in terms of choosing a reliable brand and type. Any advice on this topic woul be appreciated. Thanks!

eddyb1978

Registered
I normally get Inglis... mid range, good quality... works for me...

Cheers,
Eddy

housingrental

Registered
For how cheap the value brand new ones are, the time it`ll take you searching out a good used on, and the cost to repair used one`s when needed, I`d purchase new.

Where did you buy Daniel?

gatsby

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Aug 20 2009, 09:32 AM) For how cheap the value brand new ones are, the time it`ll take you searching out a good used on, and the cost to repair used one`s when needed, I`d purchase new.

Where did you buy Daniel?

I haven`t purchased yet, its for my exiting home I live in.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
For appliances for rental units (assuming your target tenants are mainstream, not high end), the brand doesn`t really matter much. For most domestic brands, there`s really only a couple true manufacturers anyway. All the rest are just branding for marketing. Instead of focusing on brand, look for a good dealer who specializes in scratch and dent or refurbished units and that will provide you with delivery/takeaway, service and a warranty. Build a good relationship with a company like that and you`ll be further ahead in the long run than focusing on "brand" which is mostly just cosmetics.

Sandy Fransham

Registered
Gatsby;

I just replaced a dryer in one of my units. The repair man that I had out to look at the old dryer suggested that if I were looking for a used one to get a Whirlpool and to find one that has the lint trap on the top as he sees far less problems with those models.

Sandy

tonypeters

Registered
For the purpose of "rental units" it really does not matter. Just make sure that you try and get some type of warranty. Typically what I do is supply the unit, but I make the Tenant responsible for any and all repairs. I do this because washing machines are nothing but a headache and will burn up any cash flow that you may be generating. Hope this helps? QUOTE (gatsby @ Aug 19 2009, 08:47 PM) Hi guys,

I need to buy a used washer and dryer and was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction in terms of choosing a reliable brand and type. Any advice on this topic woul be appreciated. Thanks!

housingrental

Registered
Hi Tonypeters
Note Daniel is in Ontario and what your suggesting you can`t legally do for a rental unit
As its also for his own use its probably a bad idea for the hassle and the cash he`ll blow through on repairs to go used unless he can source and assess good quality newer used washer at a significant discount and can easily arrange the delivery of it.

QUOTE (tonypeters @ Sep 8 2009, 10:54 AM) For the purpose of "rental units" it really does not matter. Just make sure that you try and get some type of warranty. Typically what I do is supply the unit, but I make the Tenant responsible for any and all repairs. I do this because washing machines are nothing but a headache and will burn up any cash flow that you may be generating. Hope this helps?

Top Bottom