Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

US Economy

BobHudson

Registered
Interesting video. Thanks for sharing.

Here are three implications for a Canadian who is buying their first U.S. property (next month):[list type=decimal][*]real estate market softness in U.S.[*]great rates on currency exchnage relative to Canadian dollars.shrinking U.S. prime rate (eg. for favourable mortgages).[/list type=decimal]U.S. is looking good to me!

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
Hello All,

The Mexican market is looking better too....... I`ve been down in Baja for the last month and things are quite soft compared to this time last year and expected to get softer.........

A thing to think about if you`re looking for a vacation home is........ Wait until the snowbirds go home from places like Mexico, Arizona, Florida, etc..... and the market will get even softer because sales are largely dependant on this crowd.

Good Luck.

Wade Fenner B)

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
might a weak US housing market be good for APARTMENT BUILDING owners ?

Why buy a house or condo for $500,000 if it may go down to $400,000 .. let`s rent for a year !

ditto in the lower priced category including: oops .. we can`t get a mortgage due to our bad credit or lack of cash or low income .. let`s rent for a while or : oops we can`t get our sub-prime 2% mortgage re-financed @ 6% .. let`s rent for a while !!

vacancy rates have started to decline and rents have risen, especially in in-migration states such as Texas (which btw, has an in-migration HIGHer than Alberta .. over 2% annually for 7 years running !!)

EdRenkema

Registered
Thanks for the link Garth, very interesting and quite logical when you think about it. I recently viewed a video put out by the RichDad co in which RK predicted much the same. He was laughingly admitting to the fact that the US was now an attractive investment for `lowly Canadians` and the US would come back soon enough.
I have to admit one thing Americans as an economic force are optimistic, resilient, and resourceful as well as quite aggressive. That is partially what got them in this mess and exactly what will get them out.
My $0.02

Ed R

Top Bottom