Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vacancy rates

kanabel

Registered
Hi there!

In a buying mode again! Anybody knows current vacancy rates for Red Deer and Edmonton?
In addition, if anybody would recommend Red Deer realtor, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dejan

brightdreams

Registered
Vacancy in Red Deer is around one month (8 to 10%). Rents have come down and lots of houses on market for rent. Be creative and pro active in advertising.

Firoz

QUOTE (kanabel @ Feb 20 2010, 08:59 PM) Hi there!

In a buying mode again! Anybody knows current vacancy rates for Red Deer and Edmonton?

Thanks

Dejan

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (kanabel @ Feb 20 2010, 08:59 PM) In a buying mode again! Anybody knows current vacancy rates for Red Deer and Edmonton?
use 10% to 12% .. or one month on average .. it varies by sub-area and price range .. over $1100 higher vacancies .. and your SPECIFIC property may have much lower or much higher vacancies .. have a reserve of 3-4 months expense (mortgage + tax + condo/utility) payment minimum

kanabel

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Feb 22 2010, 11:52 AM)
use 10% to 12% .. or one month on average .. it varies by sub-area and price range .. over $1100 higher vacancies .. and your SPECIFIC property may have much lower or much higher vacancies .. have a reserve of 3-4 months expense (mortgage + tax + condo/utility) payment minimum

Thanks!

How does Edmonton fare? Last CMHC report suggests 4.7% for Edmonton average, even though some areas hit 7+%. I work as a driver in central part of Edmonton, and for quite some time I've seen a lots of "vacant" signs, some offering incentives. Even though from Edmonton most of my investments are in Regina, and even today when I do the numbers, better cash flow over there, vacancy and unemployment rates low as well. Rent the place within day or two. Trying to get back to Alberta investing but as more as I dig, numbers and current vacancy and unemployment don't look good to me.

Thanks both (previous post too) for advice and insights. They are appreciated as always

Dejan Kovacevic

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (kanabel @ Feb 22 2010, 01:30 PM)
Thanks!

How does Edmonton fare? Last CMHC report suggests 4.7% for Edmonton average, even though some areas hit 7+%. I work as a driver in central part of Edmonton, and for quite some time I've seen a lots of "vacant" signs, some offering incentives. Even though from Edmonton most of my investments are in Regina, and even today when I do the numbers, better cash flow over there, vacancy and unemployment rates low as well. Rent the place within day or two. Trying to get back to Alberta investing but as more as I dig, numbers and current vacancy and unemployment don't look good to me.

Thanks both (previous post too) for advice and insights. They are appreciated as always

Dejan Kovacevic

do you invest in real estate with a one year view ONLY ?

prices / rents will be a higher a year from now .. and vacancies lower !

Yes, SK is a great place to invest too !

Ian

Registered
QUOTE (kanabel @ Feb 20 2010, 06:59 PM) Hi there!

Thanks

Dejan

Realtor--Nicole Gardiner--she will do a great job for you! Call her at 403-348-8553.

Ian Dunsmuir

kanabel

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Feb 22 2010, 12:40 PM)
do you invest in real estate with a one year view ONLY ?

prices / rents will be a higher a year from now .. and vacancies lower !

Yes, SK is a great place to invest too !

No, long term, but there are some personal reasons at this moment that I don't have enough time to cope with finding good long term cash flow and eventual vacancies. Since I'd like to use chance of getting high ratio, I feel more comfortable with SK I guess as I have established system there. Not giving up on Alberta at all. If not now, maybe postponing until later in the year.

Dejan

kanabel

Registered
QUOTE (Ian @ Feb 22 2010, 12:42 PM)
Realtor--Nicole Gardiner--she will do a great job for you! Call her at 403-348-8553.

Ian Dunsmuir

Thanks

Top Bottom