Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vacant property

JordanRich

Registered
I`m looking at a nice 4 plex, but the property is vacant right now any advice?

invst4profit

Registered
What sort of advice are you seeking.
If interested in buying begin your due diligence to determine value and go from there.
A empty unit can be seen as good or bad.
Some landlords see occupied with immediate income as security.
I prefer empty from both a price negotiating perspective and because I prefer to hand pick my tenants and make sure rents are at market.

housingrental

Registered
Why are all 4 units vacant? Did it just undergo a complete renovation or is this an indicator of the desireability of the product?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (JordanRich @ Nov 6 2008, 08:05 PM) I`m looking at a nice 4 plex, but the property is vacant right now any advice?
usually you can buy it far cheaper .. and you can set rents to market immediately .. with or without upgrades !

Ask yourself though: why is it empty ? is it the town / city it is located in? is it the immediate neighborhood (drugs ?), is it the property (water damage ? mold ? structural problems ? roof caving in ? leaks ? plugged toilets ?), or just the previous owner ?

JordanRich

Registered
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Nov 7 2008, 12:03 PM) usually you can buy it far cheaper .. and you can set rents to market immediately .. with or without upgrades !

Ask yourself though: why is it empty ? is it the town / city it is located in? is it the immediate neighborhood (drugs ?), is it the property (water damage ? mold ? structural problems ? roof caving in ? leaks ? plugged toilets ?), or just the previous owner ?

Thanks for all your posts!

Top Bottom