Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Variable rate mortgage calculator

trev

Registered
I`m looking for a mtg calculator that would calculate and give an amortization schedule when given variables like in Don`s example a few months back.
It would need to allow the standard entries like amount, rate, amortization, etc. Those are easy to find.
what I can`t find find is one that also allows

• rate changes at certain intervals...how much and how oftena pre-determined payment. not an additional payment that would be added to the required payment because when the req pymt changes so would the total payment
Example:
$200,000 mtg, prime - 50, todays prime being 2.75, 35 yr amm, my pymt is $690.
but I want to pay as if the rate is 5%.... so say $1000. / mo.
I assume rates jump by .25 every 3 months
Ok sure I can figure that out (I think), but the JV i`m showing it to wants to see it if rates go up by .5 every 3 months....or .25 every 2 months

Looking for something to do it for for at the push of a button AND gives a complete schedule based on the variables given

Thanks

DaveL

REIN Member
QUOTE (trev @ Jul 27 2010, 05:43 PM) I`m looking for a mtg calculator that would calculate and give an amortization schedule when given variables like in Don`s example a few months back.
It would need to allow the standard entries like amount, rate, amortization, etc. Those are easy to find.

• rate changes at certain intervals...how much and how oftena pre-determined payment. not an additional payment that would be added to the required payment because when the req pymt changes so would the total payment
Example:
Ok sure I can figure that out (I think), but the JV i`m showing it to wants to see it if rates go up by .5 every 3 months....or .25 every 2 months

Looking for something to do it for for at the push of a button AND gives a complete schedule based on the variables given

Thanks

I use Time Value 5 also known as TValue 5. You can do all sorts of funky amortization schedules with it.

PeterKinchMortgageTeam

Registered
Hey Trev,

We`ve created an excel program that comes very close to what you are talking about and allows you to change the variables that your JV partner may be looking for.
Give me a call and I can share it with you.

Peter

QUOTE (trev @ Jul 27 2010, 05:43 PM) I`m looking for a mtg calculator that would calculate and give an amortization schedule when given variables like in Don`s example a few months back.

Example:

Thanks

JimWhitelaw

Registered
I created a spreadsheet a while back that does what you want plus creates some useful graphs to illustrate the difference between several rate increase scenarios vs fixed rates. The document is shared publically in Google docs - you can copy it or download as Excel to work on your own. Simply plug your own values into the yellow highlighted cells to alter the analysis.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aq...xUN2c&hl=en

The following is the blog post that accompanied the file:

http://www.jimwhitelaw.com/2010/05/fixed-v...ates-which.html

Apri1

Registered
I was looking for the similar
calculator a few months ago, found this on the net:
"http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/arm-calculator.html"
It has rate change at defined intervals, and pre-payment options.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom