Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vinyl Plank Flooring, Laminate or Carpet for Rental?

Registered
Vinyl plank flooring is about...

Material Cost $ 2.50 - $7.00 + per sq ft

Install Cost $ 1.50/sq ft

Adhesive Cost $ .30/sq ft

Embossing Cost $ .89/sq ft

Roughly $4000 for 700/sq ft

or Cheap Carpet at $1000

Laminate flooring. I think I will pass on.

Unit is 6 years old.

Any recommendations of where to buy in Vancouver?

jonathanb

Registered
Why pass on the laminate? There are good quality laminates that are durable, easy to install and actually look pretty decent.

Just my thoughts,

jon

Registered
I just got back from another store. The guy also suggested laminate.

I wanted to use vinyl because it seemed more durable. Water proof. The guy at the store says vinyl looks cheap and is more expensive. And laminate is made better than it was 6 years ago.

I will try laminate.

I have looked at many sites on google and the info can be a bit much on the topic of flooring.

I have heard to stay away from home depot's Allure Traffic Master vinyl plank flooring.

housingrental

Registered
I second this post

[quote user=jonathanb]Why pass on the laminate? There are good quality laminates that are durable, easy to install and actually look pretty decent.

Just my thoughts,

jon

DaveL

Registered
In Vancouver Costco has an awesome deal on really nice laminate. It ends soon I would go check it out. I just helped a friend by 700 sq ft worth.

bainge

REIN Member
My friend also bought that same laminate from Costco. He finished his basement with it. It looks really nice and I think with the deal it works out to around $1.50/sqft.

Even at regular price I think it is less than $2/sqft.

He said it was really easy to install.

RossNeufeld

Registered
We have used lots of the home depot Allure and have had really good luck with it!! It installs super fast and easy, and is water proof.

Just my 2 cents

Top Bottom