Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vinyl plank flooring

jcab256

Registered
regarding my flooring dilema in a different post, I have found a possible solution, but I really don`t know that much about it so I wanted to see if any of you have used it.

Vinyl plank flooring looks like it may be good to use in a rental, but I was curious if anyone has any experience with it.

The stuff I am referring to is:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/...+flooring+image

Thanks

larysa002

Registered
QUOTE (jcab256 @ Jan 26 2010, 03:17 PM) regarding my flooring dilema in a different post, I have found a possible solution, but I really don`t know that much about it so I wanted to see if any of you have used it.

Vinyl plank flooring looks like it may be good to use in a rental, but I was curious if anyone has any experience with it.

Thanks

Thank you for sharing. Interesting product, seems like more durable than laminate, might be good for basement as well.

NiagaraInvestor

Registered
QUOTE (larysa002 @ Jan 27 2010, 02:12 PM) Thank you for sharing. Interesting product, seems like more durable than laminate, might be good for basement as well.

I installed this stuff in a 3 bedroom unit 2 years ago and found it to be very durable.  these tenats have two newfoundlanders and floors still look good. Just make sure you floors are smooth.  Unlike laminate, the floors don`t need to fairly flat..

I found the install even easier than laminate.  I`ve been pulling out carpet when i get a vacancy and putting this stuff in...

jcab256

Registered
QUOTE (NiagaraInvestor @ Jan 27 2010, 03:29 PM) I installed this stuff in a 3 bedroom unit 2 years ago and found it to be very durable. these tenats have two newfoundlanders and floors still look good. Just make sure you floors are smooth. Unlike laminate, the floors don`t need to fairly flat..

I found the install even easier than laminate. I`ve been pulling out carpet when i get a vacancy and putting this stuff in...

Are you using the Home Depot Brand, or some other brand? I recently read the different brands are different thicknesses...

RisingWealth

Registered
QUOTE (jcab256 @ Jan 26 2010, 03:17 PM) regarding my flooring dilema in a different post, I have found a possible solution, but I really don`t know that much about it so I wanted to see if any of you have used it.

Thanks

Vinyl is typically used in that quantity outdoors and so the extreme off gassing is not much of a problem, however I would inquire about whether there is some test results, (preferably indipendant), to determine if the off gassing has been controled. We have a pool room lined with vinyl on the walls and I can tell you that it is coming out because of this problem.

Mark

jcab256

Registered
QUOTE (RisingWealth @ Jan 27 2010, 03:45 PM) Vinyl is typically used in that quantity outdoors and so the extreme off gassing is not much of a problem, however I would inquire about whether there is some test results, (preferably indipendant), to determine if the off gassing has been controled. We have a pool room lined with vinyl on the walls and I can tell you that it is coming out because of this problem.

Mark

Interesting... I never even considered that...

Thanks Mark

koop

Registered
QUOTE (NiagaraInvestor @ Jan 27 2010, 03:29 PM) I installed this stuff in a 3 bedroom unit 2 years ago and found it to be very durable. these tenats have two newfoundlanders and floors still look good. Just make sure you floors are smooth. Unlike laminate, the floors don`t need to fairly flat..

I found the install even easier than laminate. I`ve been pulling out carpet when i get a vacancy and putting this stuff in...

How warm is it on a basement floor? It might be good solution in my rental

NiagaraInvestor

Registered
QUOTE (jcab256 @ Jan 27 2010, 02:45 PM) Are you using the Home Depot Brand, or some other brand? I recently read the different brands are different thicknesses...

I used the Depot stuff.  It`s pretty thick which seems to make it fairly durable..

Top Bottom