Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Warren Buffet: No double-dip in the US

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (weenapratt @ Sep 14 2010, 08:34 AM) Warren Buffet has declared that America will not suffer a double-dip recession, in a bullish assessment of economic prospects across the US.

See http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/se...o-double-dip-us.

I read that same article today as well and I couldn`t help but think: Doesn`t Warren Buffet have a stake in the short term success of the US economy?
Or, doesn`t s/th Warren say have an effect on the market per se?

Rickson9

Registered
Does Warren Buffett (and Berkshire Hathaway) have a stake in the short term or long term success of the US economy?

gwasser

Registered
QUOTE (Rickson9 @ Sep 16 2010, 04:31 PM) Does Warren Buffett (and Berkshire Hathaway) have a stake in the short term or long term success of the US economy?

Every investor has interests in both the long and the short term. Even when you buy for the long term. Once you bought, it would be obviously nice to see that things got better right away. Great for peace of mind and... you make your profits much faster than hoped for. So may be you can cash in and find another great deal. It is nice to make 30% in a month; if you can make another 30% in the next month now that would be even better!

Rickson9

Registered
QUOTE (gwasser @ Sep 17 2010, 12:19 PM) Every investor has interests in both the long and the short term. Even when you buy for the long term. Once you bought, it would be obviously nice to see that things got better right away. Great for peace of mind and... you make your profits much faster than hoped for. So may be you can cash in and find another great deal. It is nice to make 30% in a month; if you can make another 30% in the next month now that would be even better!

30% in a month would be an awesome return for me! I only dream of those kinds of returns! If I had two months like that I would probably faint!

Personally my average annualized return for the last 14 years is running at 13.8%. My 2010 YTD return (investments in U.S. retail stock plus Berkshire Hathaway) is currently at 28%.

GarthChapman

Registered
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Sep 14 2010, 08:03 PM) I read that same article today as well and I couldn`t help but think: Doesn`t Warren Buffet have a stake in the short term success of the US economy?
Or, doesn`t s/th Warren say have an effect on the market per se?

To the second point - I have immense respect for Warren Buffett, but I do believe he is surely a player so big that when he speaks/writes he can move the sentiment that can move that market. So, if true, his comments/opinions must be viewed as at least potentially self-serving.

Top Bottom