Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

We`ve just launched our new website!

BarryMcGuire

REIN Member
Wow, I didn`t realize how much work goes into creating a website! After much agonizing and edits, we now have something that I`m pretty proud of. I want this website to be a helpful tool for all real estate investors.

Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Visit My Website

Thank you!

RCrein

Registered
QUOTE (BarryMcGuire @ Mar 15 2010, 11:36 AM) Wow, I didn`t realize how much work goes into creating a website! After much agonizing and edits, we now have something that I`m pretty proud of. I want this website to be a helpful tool for all real estate investors.

Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Visit My Website

Thank you!

Hi Barry,

Just had a quick look and will offer a few comments for your consideration. Overall first impression is very positive. Design work is attractive and rollovers look and work well. You have started to assemble some content of interest and value which is much better than the average just a sales pitch site.

A couple of thoughts to ponder. I found there were multiple ways to access the same info (e.g. contact us, investor tools). Multiple navigation schemes use up valuable screen real estate. You might decide to simplify to make site more effective for viewers. Choose between top bar and left side. I really like the shades of grey. It looks clean and sophisticated. I did wonder if there were one or two accent colours too many. The pink, green and dark blue of newsletter subscription code might all be one colour.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck with site and customer response. Regards

Cargren

REIN Member
Excellent website! Looks very clean and professional. I`m already half way through Tales from the Trenches.

Rob

housingrental

Registered
Hi Barry

It looks good.

I`d prefer a different colour for the background of the text. It is too dark to my eyes. White might be more appropriate.

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Very slick!

A small glitch when I tried to subscribe to the newsletter: the "code" was displayed in code... a bunch of gibberish characters that are not on my keyboard. But on the second attempt, it worked just fine.

Regards,
Sherilynn

dwoychuk

Registered
Looks Great! Very professional, colours look good.

A couple of small formating issues I did see were when I "rolled over" the "tales from the trenches" you can see an outline of a link box. Also with the other buttons, when you actually select them and they go green there is a line that shows up about 1/5th of the way from the left (not sure if that is intentional or not but it looks a little off to me). Pretty minor tweaks though. This is in IE8, not sure if other browsers will show the same thing.

Cheers,

margaretcowan

REIN Member
Hello Barry

Congratulations on your new, very professional looking web site!

Last week I attended a teleseminar by Google on the 7 sins of landing pages. Here they are. I`m going through my home page with this checklist. You may find it helpful too.

1. unclear call for action. A clear call to action needs to be above "the fold", in the top 2/3 of the page. What do you want people to do? It depends on their "level of engagement"--how well do they know you? If they`ve never heard of you, they may not be prepared to buy from you, so a lower level call to action is good like a newsletter sign-up. Clear wording for exactly what you want them to do.

You also don`t want conflicting calls for action or too many calls for action. Distracting.

2. too many choices of what to do, what to see. People get distracted and can`t decide.

3. asking for too much info. Unclutter your forms. Take out unnecessary fields. Don`t ask for info that the visitor doesn`t have readily available.

4. too much text so visitors think, "Do you expect me to read all that?" Need less detail, clear headlines. Don`t need to use complete sentences. Edit to shorten text. Less is more. The more you cut text, the more attention and action from visitors.

5. not keeping your promises. When they come from somewhere to your site, they may have expectations. Not good if there is a disconnect between what they expected and what they find on your site, if they can`t find what they came to look for. Repeat Google ad words on web page.

Do not use stock photos. Yours are better. People recognize stock photos.

6. visual distractions like flashing images, moving images. Unclutter pages. Use non serif fonts like Ariaal. Minimize number of font sizes, colours, bolding, underlining.

7. lack of trust. They have never heard of you. Lack of proof to reassure visitors. Privacy statements good. Media coverage good. Testimonials. Anything to remove anxiety and build trust.

The home page`s job is to lead visitors to other pages in the site relevant for them. Must tell about trust issues on home page. Then people reach the relevant page for them and say, "Wow! This is just what I was looking for!"

On first glance, I found your home page professional looking but too busy, too many choices for me. I wasn`t sure what you wanted me to do, what you were offering. I`d edit the home page back and give clear choices of buttons or menus to click for what you want visitors to do for your various services/information.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Margaret
www.italycookingschools.com

BarryMcGuire

REIN Member
Thanks for all the input, folks.

Still working out a few kinks, but I believe that it can be great!

I will continue to add Tales From The Trenches and other helpful info, and please let me know if there`s any content you`d like to see.

Cheers,

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Hi Barry, it looks good. I like the look and feel. Seem like you changed the home page content from when I first saw it. I like it better now; it does a good job of answering "what`s in it for me?" than the earlier version which I think was basically your bio page. Only suggestion I have at this time is that the favicon.ico (little square graphic used for bookmark and next to url/address) is the default joomla icon. Ask your designer to do a custom one using your colour scheme.

Top Bottom