West Ridge in Orillia

BlairClarke

Registered
Oct 26, 2009
Hey Everyone.

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has a real estate investment property in the new West Ridge housing development in Orillia near the new Lakehead University?

If so, id love to hear your thoughts and opinions on that new area of Orillia and get some feedback or pointers on my new venture.

Thanks a lot everyone.

You keep answering em` and ill keep asking em``!!

thejules

REIN Member
Oct 23, 2007
Barrie/Orillia/Woodstock
I am not so interested in West Ridge. Speculators have already driven up the prices in that area. There are a number for sale, so if you do purchase one, make sure you negociate a good deal. Don`t just pay the sticker price. As for me, I like the older comparable properties in areas next to that area. Areas like Mississaga St. West & West St. North. Older town homes that are good sturdy shape can be purchased for much less and the rent is not all that different than in West Ridge. In fact I do invest in those areas.

So as the great Paul Harvey said, "Now you know the rest of the story."

CarrieKoch

Registered
Apr 9, 2009
Barrie, ON
QUOTE (thejules @ Oct 26 2009, 04:32 PM) I am not so interested in West Ridge. Speculators have already driven up the prices in that area. There are a number for sale, so if you do purchase one, make sure you negociate a good deal. Don`t just pay the sticker price. As for me, I like the older comparable properties in areas next to that area. Areas like Mississaga St. West & West St. North. Older town homes that are good sturdy shape can be purchased for much less and the rent is not all that different than in West Ridge. In fact I do invest in those areas.

So as the great Paul Harvey said, "Now you know the rest of the story."

I agree with Jules. I don`t invest in Orillia yet but I rent A LOT of units. I think you`ll get better bang in the older neighborhoods.

BlairClarke

Registered
Oct 26, 2009
hey thanks for the reply everyone. Could you point me towards a real estate agent in orillia that you recommend for investment properties. what I mean is, who have you used in the past to help you find a real estate property in orillia.

Thanks

BlairClarke

Registered
Oct 26, 2009
hey jules! im interested in talking to you over the phone. would there be anyway i could call you about real estate investing in orillia sometime?

dianab

Registered
May 25, 2009
Oro-Medonte
QUOTE (HydroHead @ Oct 26 2009, 12:02 PM) Hey Everyone.

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has a real estate investment property in the new West Ridge housing development in Orillia near the new Lakehead University?

If so, id love to hear your thoughts and opinions on that new area of Orillia and get some feedback or pointers on my new venture.

Thanks a lot everyone.

You keep answering em` and ill keep asking em``!!

I don`t disagree with everything that has been replied, however I own an investment in that area and the comment I hear a lot is that there isn`t any nice rentals in Orillia. This makes West Ridge area a decent neighbourhood for the renters that I`m comfortable with. I`ve never had an issue renting mine. If you can find the right deal I believe it can still be worth holding.

CarrieKoch

Registered
Apr 9, 2009
Barrie, ON
QUOTE (dianab @ Nov 3 2009, 03:20 AM) I don`t disagree with everything that has been replied, however I own an investment in that area and the comment I hear a lot is that there isn`t any nice rentals in Orillia. This makes West Ridge area a decent neighbourhood for the renters that I`m comfortable with. I`ve never had an issue renting mine. If you can find the right deal I believe it can still be worth holding.

Agreed Diana! That is what I hear just about everyday!